• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

An mc for a good cause

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
Thought I would throw this out on tribe since some of you are oh so talented and like to help out with good causes.

Alex - Im hoping this is allowed - just delete if it isn't.

On July 12th of last year my beautiful neice was born.

She was born with Prader-Willy Syndrome and my family along with friends that we have now made with children that also have PWS are trying to raise money for the cause. Last weekend a friend of my family ran in a marathon and raised $3000.00 towards research.

My sister is looking for an MC to donate their voice to a Walk-a-thon in support of PWS. The date is Sunday, August 20th - from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.

PM me if you are interested.

JG

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Can I ask what the disease does to the child?

I could only find info on how to diagnose and what the actual problem with the genes is.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
This complex genetic disorder typically causes low muscle tone, cognitive disabilities, lack of sexual development, behavioural issues and a chronic feeling of hunger that can lead to excessive eating and life-threatening obesity. People with PWS can never live independently due to their insatiable appetites. Constant supervision is necessary and adults that seek independence live in group homes that are monitored 24 hours a day by trained professionals. This syndrome affects 1/ 12 000 new families each year. Many children with PWS grow up undiagnosed due to lack of awareness. Early diagnosis is important because it could help children lead more productive lives through education and management of diet and exercise. For more information about this syndrome please go to www.OPWSA.com.

this was taken from www.onesmallstep.ca - the people responsible for the walk-a-thon that we need an mc for

swenard

TRIBE Member
Have you tried John Derringer from Q107? He seems to be a very nice guy and tries to help out childrens charities as much as possible.

I suggest sending him an e-mail and see what he says.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
thanks again everyone :D
I really appreciate the response - Ive got a few people talking to me about it now...

If anyone wants to participate in any way - let me know. I know my sister as well as all the other families dealing with PWS will be really thankful.

Caz

TRIBE Member
Kel I emailed a few of the djs from local radio stations.

Also, I'm seeing Alan Cross (edge) later this week and I will ask him abotu this.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
caz said:
Kel I emailed a few of the djs from local radio stations.

Also, I'm seeing Alan Cross (edge) later this week and I will ask him abotu this.

Hey say thanks for me to Alan Cross, his ongoing history online is keeping me alive down here in omaha nebraska.

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
George Strompalaoumpolompalis hosted our CAP AIDS Hip Hop For Africa foundraiser.. might want to contact him. solid guy

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
If anyone can find georgies contact info. pass it on...I checked the hour website and nuthin

thanks for the suggestion aphrodite!

Caz

TRIBE Member
ok

So far on the hook for maybes I have: Alan Cross, Bookie, Josie Die. They are circulating my email at the edge to see what else they can come up with, I just got word from Alan this morning. I will keep updates in this thread and I'll msn you Kel

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
anyone got any more info. on this?

my sis is also looking for someone to donate food to this event...it would have to be healthy considering the cause...

so like..

sandwiches
apples
bananas
oranges

or even bread and we would make the sandwiches...

thanks guys :)

heres another pic of my niece cuz she is so damn cute

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Caz

TRIBE Member
kelley I spoke with Alan about this as mentioned. I just emailed him again to remind him given the date is approaching.

I'll keep you posted hun

Caz

TRIBE Member
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 10:08 AM
To: Martin Deenen
Subject: RE: charitable appearance

Hey dude

I forwarded this to everyone on staff with instructions for anyone interested to get back to you directly. Nothing, huh?

Tell you what: I’ll send it out again. Hopefully someone will be free to participate.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories