• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

an interesting question from another thread

kuba

TRIBE Member
wiseman says

"i wonder how much tribe has spent on dr0gs, as a collective"

my estimate is $15,000,000.99

(*the 0.99$ is for the rolling papers)

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
jesus thats a "one hand clapping" "tree falling in the woods" "starring at blind womans boobs" if ever I heard one.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
well, if you budget an amount to spend while out on the town, what percentage of that is used for drugs?

example: I'm probably going to bring 180 bucks tonight, 60 of which is going to be spent on drugs and alcohol. 30 on cabs. 10-15 on cover. 5 on coatcheck. leaving ~$75 for incidentals... snacks, bathroom attendent tips, etc. I'll be happy to come home with 50 bucks leftover.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I'm going to go higher than that based solely on my own debauchery. See the pot head thread suggests that $80 per month is startling low. I mean seriously I blow through at least an O per month and I consider this one of my sober phases.

I'm going to say at least 120

Plus I think 1000 is low on the number of tribers over the last 8 years.

I'm going 6 million plus three glances at a blind womans breasts

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
wow. thats a lot of money. i spend maybe 50 bucks going out and do all that. Maybe my tolerance is really low.

kuba

TRIBE Member
No way, 1000 triber's isn't too low. i'm talking ONLY people on/off tribe, not people who party but have never heard of tribe, or have never been on it, lurk or otherwise.

80/month is a good average. I spend about 100 on herbs per month, but i'm considered a medium pothead. My roommate spends way more. But we also buy our shit in bulk at bulk*barn to save!

kuba

TRIBE Member
80 per MONTH.

think about it: pills average, what, $10 these days? herbs are 200/z, and other shit is other shit, but lets say 40 / 80 depending

I don't think 80 per MONTH is unreasonable.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
The real question: Has it been worth it?

Does the money we have spent equal the value we place on our experiences?

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
80 is what my dead grandmother spends.

is alcohol included in this too?

you know, I dont think Im going to tabulate my stats. that could be shocking and depressing.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:

Absolutely!

And I think coming up with a number is more an exercise in fun that exactitude.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
are you counting the tribe-dealers? what about tribe-dealers that sell to tribe-users - are you counting that money twice or do you have a rule againt double-counting monies for each drug? what about tribe-drug-mules, do they count if they are just intermediaries?

what about legal pharmaceuticals? does it depend on whether there is a doctor's prescription or not? if the drug plan covers it, does that money count? what if you legally obtain oxycontin, but you prefer to crush the pills and either parachute or rail the powder as opposed to following the doctor's more preferred method of injestion?

technowelt

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:

I doubt any consumption would stand up to this when it was examined long-term. For example, is dining at restaurants worth it, or even buying your lunch?

dyad

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:

my friend has that poster on his wall that says "if i had all the money ive spent on blow, id probably spend it on blow"

but i would say that question can be asked of anything. has all the money ive spent on shoes been worth it? not really but it sure was fun to wear em once or twice

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Klubmasta Will said:
are you counting the tribe-dealers? what about tribe-dealers that sell to tribe-users - are you counting that money twice or do you have a rule againt double-counting monies for each drug? what about tribe-drug-mules, do they count if they are just intermediaries?

what about legal pharmaceuticals? does it depend on whether there is a doctor's prescription or not? if the drug plan covers it, does that money count? what if you legally obtain oxycontin, but you prefer to crush the pills and either parachute or rail the powder as opposed to following the doctor's more preferred method of injestion?

I was going non percription illegal according to current laws consumption according to price paid. Thus a mule moving from one person to another doesn't count at all and we only count the final price paid for the pill. Additionally if someone sold 5 pills for $20 and ate the 6th pill for free the total value is till $100 as it represents the cost of consumption.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
It is no doubt a difficult question to answer as it asks you to quantify experience.

It's very personal IMO too.

Personally I think it has been worth it.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:

I probably wouldn't know you otherwise, so draw whatever conclusions you want from that :p