• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

An Inconvenient Truth

ladee

TRIBE Member
I was watching the colbert report last night (I know it was a repeat but whatever). He mentioned this but didn't really say what it was about. Seems like it could be ok though.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
we're not the cause of global warming and therefore there's nothing we can do about it

-study sponsored by Ford

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
Gee I don't understand what all the fuss is about they just need to look at the benefits of these things. I'll demonstrate

The number of Category 4 and 5 hurricanes has almost doubled in the last 30 years.
>Home renovation is a booming market!
Malaria has spread to higher altitudes in places like the Colombian Andes, 7,000 feet above sea level.
> Why should goats and people who live on the side of mountains get all the benefits?
The flow of ice from glaciers in Greenland has more than doubled over the past decade.
> More fresh bottled water to be consumed. Yum!
At least 279 species of plants and animals are already responding to global warming, moving closer to the poles.
So move along polar bears the black bear is taking over!

If the warming continues, we can expect catastrophic consequences.

Deaths from global warming will double in just 25 years -- to 300,000 people a year.
>The world is over populated any way so this will be a good way to control the influx of people from those dirty poor countries.
Global sea levels could rise by more than 20 feet with the loss of shelf ice in Greenland and Antarctica, devastating coastal areas worldwide.
>Surfs up!
Heat waves will be more frequent and more intense.
I'm gonna have a great tan when I'm surfing!
Droughts and wildfires will occur more often.
>I like bonfires! Where's my bag of marshmellows?
The Arctic Ocean could be ice free in summer by 2050.
> Thank God finally a route to India.
More than a million species worldwide could be driven to extinction by 2050.
> Survivial of the fittest baby! Adapt or die! Darwin would love it!
You just gotta see the positive in a situtation like this.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
That first picture on the website of the smoke morphing into a hurricane reminds of the Toronto Sun cover from shortly after 9/11 showing Osama's face in the smoke from the burning World Trade Center. :D

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
This doc isnt nothing I havent seen 20 years ago from David Suzuki.

(...yes thats right, a tripple negative! suck it!)

gasper

TRIBE Member
I told Suzuki that he should make a full-length feature film on the environment BEFORE the next federal Canadian election. He smiled, but didn't say he'd do it. I think he'd make waves.

erikwh

TRIBE Member
unless you've had your head in the sand for the last 10 years you won't find anything new in this film. a good chunk of the film is al gore talking about his childhood.. I was hoping for some of this VVVVV shizz but the film failed to deliver. poor tipper.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories