• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

an amazing scene to watch

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Jesus that's long, I bet half them didn't even get in for a couple days!

I guess they didn't get the memo - Apple Sucks

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

~atp~

TRIBE Member
ok that's just retarded. there's no way i'd wait that long just to buy a stupid lawn ornament.

acheron

TRIBE Member
not that surprising - apple store openings always attract a long line of eager fans/customers...

Y'know - it's partly due to asshats who think that apple sucks and post messages to that effect that causes the devotion of mac users to ratchet _up_ a notch, not down. Windoze users just don't (and probably never will) understand the mindset at work here - we Mac users use our chosen CPUs in part because they are simply not windows platforms. It's a very, very important reason to many of us. Having a choice - and such an attractive and productive one, is key for mac users. Being able to look at the lumpen proletariat buying their Dellclones and understanding that using a mac is like a lemming walking back from the edge of the cliff that everyone else is jumping off, chanting one-of-us, one-of-us...(in fact there was a very good Apple SuperBowl ad on that theme...)... seals the deal. Add to that that they run well and last a hell of a long time...

Adam

TRIBE Member
Perhaps some people use PC's because we're clones.

Some of us also use them because they're better.

also: Since PC's users can get better performance for half the price, I'd hazard a guess that Apple users are the lemmings.

Although G5's are very attractive.

Last edited:

atomic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Adam

Although G5's are very attractive.
the one on my desk sure is!

PC or Mac fan whatever, seeing that many people in a lineup for anything is amazing. kinda makes me think of baraka.

Dirt Dawg

TRIBE Member
This whole MAC PC thing.

I've used both extensively, and to tell you the truth there are a few things that need to be said.

1. A computer can only operate as well as it's software/ hardware profile. BOTH PC and MAC can suffer from bad programming conflicts with drivers, shizz code etc. This is usaly the main reason why someon's puter sux in the first place.
Both operating systems are solid... untill you add on yer junk.

I have had both types of machine go ass up many times for an endless number of software/hardware related reasons, and yes they are both just as bad to fix when it happens.

It all depends as to what type of crap to try to tie into it.

2. Most ppl use thier computers to write/browse the web and listen to music. Any computer can do that without a problem.

3. All thsoe that diss the other's system based on an experiece with some crap machine with a bad set up to justify them choosing the other machine are GHEAY.

If you are computer savy, no computer will sux for you as you have the power to make it right, and keep it that way.

I go by price, and PC is just more bang for the buck.

I tired of hearing it from both sides... if your PC/MAC sucked it was your own damn fault.

acheron

TRIBE Member
well, I go by 'feel' as well - and despite Micro$oft's efforts to make Windows look more mac-like, it just isn't the same, let alone better.

Price - I'd rather save a little bit longer (the price difference is not really as dramatic as people think) and get the user experience I have been conditioned to expect from years of Mac ownership - I use PCs as well, when I have to - usually at work. And they're fine for some things. But for me, windows-based computers will never be more than utilitarian. Apple succeeded in making the act of using a computer a *special* experience I haven't been able to find anywhere else.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Adam

also: Since PC's users can get better performance for half the price, I'd hazard a guess that Apple users are the lemmings.
Can we? Taking into account the Mac's use a completely different chipset and architecture I find it hard to believe that you can get better performance out of a PC. Maybe if you're running Linux on your PC, but Windows is a bloated piece of shit and everyone knows it. The words good performance and Windows aren't found side by side in my vocabulary.

odbx

fishbulb

TRIBE Member
Ah mac, the morbidly-obese-stuck-in-a-fast-food-restaurant-doorway-being-poked-by-white-plastic-forks-woman of the computer world.