1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Amsterdam luxury hotels

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by kyfe, Sep 20, 2010.

1. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

What is the best hotel in Amsterdam?

Promised my wife one night at a 5* before we meet up with our friends, only criteria is that it be central and cool.

Right now it looks like sofitel is it but we haven't booked yet.

Thoughts comments suggestions ?

2. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

3. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

Can't you just use one of the thousands of sites like booking.com, hotels.com, kayak.com to figure this out or were you looking for high-rollers on tribe to give you their take?

I would say go on any of those above, esp. booking.com and kayak to figure this out because you'll get 000s of reviews.

4. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Make sure there is sufficient closet space for your designer suits and wedding gowns.

5. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

Chaching!

6. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Nothing, really?

7. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

8. skin deep

skin deep TRIBE Member

Best troll thread of the year so far, the wedding dress on a plane one was almost as good though.

9. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

10. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

they're all haters until they are in a position to do the same, then they'll be asking the same questions and starting a new thread.

11. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

12. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

You're right, I actually only stay in 5½ star hotels - too l33t for your blood, commoner. Only a handful of people know about them - instead of chocolate on your pillow, they leave Rolexes and filets of Kobe beef.

13. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

I fly my clothes separately in a G5. G6 would just be excessive.

14. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

You know, there are all kinds of high roller Toronto food and wine threads in which no one has an issue chiming in their unsolicited 2 cent status knowledge. Yet if someone specifically requests advice for another city they're given all kinds of shit? I honestly don't get it.

Why would you go to a ratings site comprised of strangers with likely shitty taste if you could access a member board of people you know with potentially like taste, and who might have an answer ?

The guy got married in a suit and his wife wants a nice hotel. These are normal things.

15. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

and yes I buy my fucking steak at no frills

16. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

thanks Mr Tall.

not that I need to explain but it's the 5 year anniversary of my engagement proposal (which i did in France in 2005) and also our 3 year wedding anniversary so there is good reason to splurge.

really I don't mind enjoying life, money comes and goes it has nothing to do with being rich and more so to do with proper financial planning and preparing for the future. It has everything to do with how much you want to experience the world, other cultures while enjoying yourself comfortably. For some a 5* is a big deal, such is the case with some of the above posters. For others it's a special occassion where they've put aside money to show their appreciation to a love one.

either way we have a few in mind and Mr. Tall thanks for your advise the dylan is beautiful but they have no rooms left for our date

17. PF9K

PF9K TRIBE Member