1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Amsterdam - Hotel Hook Ups/Advice?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Bernnie Federko, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

Anyone got any hook ups or advice on hotels in Amsterdam?

in return, i offer an image of obama bowling:
    [​IMG]

2. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

3. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

My settings showed this thread title before opening as "Amsterdam - Hotel Hook......" and I thought it was about something else entirely.

4. Lurker

Lurker TRIBE Member

LINK

This hotel is new in the past year, and while not immediately in the centre, it's on a main tram line and only about a 30 minute walk from the old centre. Staying right in the middle of the city is costly and probably not always the best value unless you can score a deal.

5. Pottsie

Pottsie TRIBE Member

I think this is more what you're looking for Bernie:
    [​IMG]

6. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

i stayed at the Hotel Ben or Ben Hotel. It was essentially a hotel hostel. 50EUR a night, got my own room and bathroom and was dead center of the city -5 min walk from the red light district.

7. JCrack

JCrack TRIBE Member

When I went, we did not have anything booked. We simply walked down Dam Sq. to a place that coordinated rental places so we actually stayed in our own apartment for about $50 a night. Mind you this WAS about fifteen years ago...

8. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

hotel my home on the haarlaam straat(sp)

great area, great rates, loved the place
    you can get private rooms and such and they serve breakfast and have a communal pool table

9. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Nadia Hotel
    Hotel Nadia
    Raadhuisstraat 53 2
    1016 DD Amsterdam, Nederland
    020 6201550

"Friendly and helpful staff. Bags carried for you. Good position."
    "True value, unforgettable staff, great location..." -
    "Overall we had excellent value for money" -
    "Good location, clean & nice room, Nadia Hotel is a excellent hotel to me." -
    "The location is excellent, service is good and the breakfast is nice." -
    "This is a well recommended hotel for three reasons, location, value and service." -

we stay here when we go, it's very central rooms are small but that's expected, ask to stay on the top floor with a balcony.

Bernie you could also consider a houseboat, which we did last year and it was alot of fun but expensive

if you need any tips let me know via PM

10. Bean

Bean TRIBE Member

We stayed at Hotel Asterisk in Spring 2008. The neighbourhood was super quiet. Hotel: clean, safe, walking distance to many attractions (Heineken Factory is around the corner as is the Rijks Museum; about a 5 minute tram ride from Centraal Station.

Hotel Asterisk, Wi-Fi connected hotel in the centre of Amsterdam

We booked it about a day in advance of needing it through Booking.com: 86000+ hotels worldwide. Book your hotel now! (formerly known as priceline-europe.com; used this site throughout our nearly 4 week trip to book hotels; had no problems with the site or finding a hotel to suit our needs).

11. El-jay

El-jay TRIBE Member

^^ agreed
    I stayed in the Hotel Asterisk two weeks ago. Just make sure that you are on an upper floor as the stairs and walls are kinda thin, aside from that the rooms are nice for a budget hotel and the breakfast is good and plentiful.

In general unless you are a twenty somthing and are going to stay at a budget place you prob want to stay somewhere on or outside the canals cause most of the places have thin walls so you can hear your drunk neighbours come in and chat loudly when you are trying to sleep.

I have recently stayed in the hotel adolesce (nice place but no en suite), and the hermitage hotel (nice place w en suite but thin walls).

Good luck finding a deal if you are there over a weekend though, a double will be at least 90 euro for an en suite.

12. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

Do yourself a favor STAY IN THE CENTRE. None of this it's just a tram ride in bullshit. Take a laptop and/or some movies. When you're done for at the end of the night the last thing you want to do is watch American MTV or CNN the only 2 english channels.

13. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

That is the face of a serious bowling competitor.

I stayed at my buddies cousins place. I would definitely recommend it.

14. Lurker

Lurker TRIBE Member

The centre is great, but get ready to pay extra for a smaller room in an old building.

Also, there are many more English channels here, way more than any other country (other than England lol) that I've traveled to