• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Amsterdam Brewery's new brewery location ...

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
1. Location: two blocks away from home sweet homeon one side of the bathurst bridge just above lakeshore.

2. Hours: Mon.-Sat 11am-11pm
Sun 11am-6pm even most holidays!

3. Price: 25 (yes not a misprint....25) bottles for $32.45. 4 or 5 selections daily.

4. Variety: they carry a bunch of brews that aren't available in beer stores and liquor stores.

5. Perks: Sample table!!!!!!!!! Went over to that before picking up some brews and tried a few different things. Liked the rasberry wheat and something very dark and nutty. The guy selling me my brews asked if I liked anything I tried and I told him so he put 2 extra beers of the raspberry wheat in my box!!!!

Only downsides:

1. Beer makes me fat

2. Seeing the building that has always been the location for the club/venue of my dreams finally become occupied :(

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
not sure my focus is on thier new location. I'll ask my friend who reviews bars for NOW magazine. he would know.....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

joey

TRIBE Member
amsterdam is wicked. and youre right the raspberry wheat beer is sweet ass. i toured the king steet brewery when i lived in toronto...

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Amsterdam Raspberry Wheat is available as a result of them buying the Kawartha Lakes Brewery who made the the best Raspberry Wheat ever.

Not sure why they're not still brewing that label, nothing like hanging out in the Kawarthas drinking KLB but better Amsterdam bought them then Molson's who have bought (and thus reduced the quality of) my sweet Creemore, no longer the best Canadian beer.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
dicksherwood said:
Molson's who have bought (and thus reduced the quality of) my sweet Creemore, no longer the best Canadian beer.
Molson bought Creemore, but haven't changed the beer at all (...yet).

So I really doubt there's a reduction in quality.

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Stormshadow said:

Anything Molson touches turns to crap...just look at Sleemans

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Stormshadow said:

i hadnt noticed a difference in quality either, creemore is def one of my fav beers, and not to far from where i went to highschool
:D

[jai]

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
dicksherwood said:
Anything Molson touches turns to crap...just look at Sleemans
The deal Molson made with Creemore is that they wouldn't touch or produce the beer at all for atleast 5 years...they're just distributing it.

Any change in the quality of Creemore is just in your head. =P

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Stormshadow said:
The deal Molson made with Creemore is that they wouldn't touch or produce the beer at all for atleast 5 years...they're just distributing it.

Any change in the quality of Creemore is just in your head. =P
Maybe, maybe, I was not aware of this arrangement and I have to say I appreciate the news.

I love my Creemore, seriously it's my all time fave, I drink it whenever it's available on tap as well as it's what I always buy at the beer store and I hated the thought that the Molson Brewmasters were getting their hands on it

I will drink it again with a much clearer conscience.

Have you guys seen the 8 bottle (think they were 500 ml. each) packs still around anywhere?