• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

American Pimp: the movie

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
Has anyone seen this film by the Hughes Brothers (ala Menace To Society)? I've been given a copy today to take home and watch for work purposes.

Could this be as funny as I'm thinking?

jeremy -"sometimes a bitch just likes to be smacked"- jive

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
it's actually a really good watch...AND pimpin' def. ain't easy...it's all about the face you put on as much as it is the business itself

JMan

TRIBE Member
Starts off funny, cuz it seems so bogus and over the top... but after awhile, the ignorance of the people involved just makes you really sad. I went from chuckles to "oh man this is awful" pretty quick.

J

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dirt Dawg

TRIBE Member
I thought that it was a fairly balanced view into that world. It also provided a look back at the history of pimping, and it's strong traditons.

I though it was a good flick.

- off to put ma bitches back on the track-;) ;

ian

TRIBE Member
The ignorance of the pimps in 'dis here flick makes your mouth hang open like a slack jawed street whore that doesn't know whuts comin' to her if she don't get workin'.

The really sad part about the movie (which is excellent) is that almost every single pimp insists that violence against prostitutes is not only acceptable, but necessary!

-ian g.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirt Dawg
I thought that it was a fairly balanced view into that world. It also provided a look back at the history of pimping, and it's strong traditons.

I though it was a good flick.

- off to put ma bitches back on the track-;) ;

that's the point...that's why I loved it...it's hard to pinpoint the awfulness in it simply because there hasn't been a "pimp" documentary...this is the real shit AND yes a great look into their world that is SO far removed from our own

JMan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian
The ignorance of the pimps in 'dis here flick makes your mouth hang open like a slack jawed street whore that doesn't know whuts comin' to her if she don't get workin'.

The really sad part about the movie (which is excellent) is that almost every single pimp insists that violence against prostitutes is not only acceptable, but necessary!

-ian g.

And they aren't prostitutes or women or people, they're all bitches.

So Jeremy, what's this job of yours that requires you to learn all 'bout pimpin' hoz?

J

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I forgot we have this on DVD.

Time to watch again.

wasn't the one pimp mack daddys name Fillmore Slim or somehting?

nuttz

TRIBE Member
"A ho's a ho, you know? It's a once-a-month bleedin', pussy havin' ho. That's what she is. What else could she be?"

"I learned from the biggest pimp of all time! His name...was called..God!"