• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

American Hustle - it's worth watching

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

I lucked into tickets for an American Hustle screening tonight and really enjoyed it. Christian Bale is awesome and I only realized it was him about 20 minutes into the movie. Amy Adams rocks the most amazing slit down the front wardrobe by Gucci, and Bradley Cooper is great as the psycho FBI officer. Jennifer Lawrence is outstanding as a mega passive aggressive tootsie girl wife. There will probably be an oscar in this somewhere, for someone.

The plot wavers a bit here and there but it all works in the end.

What a nightmare setup for a screening. We had to wait what seemed to be an extra hour while they took away everyone's mobile phone and other electronic devices and even some guy's knapsack full of beer. Then everyone was frisked with metal detector wands before being let into the theatre. WTF!?

Then upon leaving, there was another 45 minutes while everyone lined up to get their phones back.

Maui

TRIBE Member
Welcome to the New World Order.

That's too bad about the wait but hey that's what the selfish, obsessed, narcissistic massess have done to society. It's out of control. Cell phones are now the number one killer on the highway, ahead of drunk driving. They're disgusting and people's manners have gone right out the window. Not listening to you while your talking, having loud convo's in public, walking down the street, driving, blinding you with the light while in a theatre, ringing in a theatre, I could go on and on all daaaaay, just like these morons on their phones....

And just so you know, they are actually scanning all the data on your phone while your watching the movie. Yeah suck on that bitches.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I honestly don't know who I love more. Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence, or Christian Bale. I have to see this.

[hat a nightmare setup for a screening. We had to wait what seemed to be an extra hour while they took away everyone's mobile phone and other electronic devices and even some guy's knapsack full of beer. Then everyone was frisked with metal detector wands before being let into the theatre. WTF!?

Then upon leaving, there was another 45 minutes while everyone lined up to get their phones back.
They've been doing this for a while, especially with the bigger name films that are coming out. We got the same treatment for both The Avengers and Iron Man 3 when my company had an advance screening.

After the fiasco with the workprint copies of Wolverine having leaked about 2 weeks before it opened, the studios have really clamped down hard.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The more I think about this movie, the better it gets. I think I will see it again when it hits the theatres.