• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

American Apparel ads targeting Alberta flood victims

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a Google doodle on google.ca with a bunch of cartoon people getting bowled over by a huge cartoon wave and I thought that was pretty tasteless, but this is just as sensitive IMO:

lobo

TRIBE Member
I think you're really stretching it there.

The ad is likely meta data based tying into some weather information database. The Google doodle was done as part of a contest to celebrate the first day of summer.

Lobo

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

The ad is likely meta data based tying into some weather information database. The Google doodle was done as part of a contest to celebrate the first day of summer.

Lobo
Blame big data.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

skin deep

TRIBE Member

Lobo
I think you're missing the point, talking about the floods, AA and Google in one thread is basically the SEO jackpot for this week.

sk8

TRIBE Member
I'm with you on the AA one, but not the google - that was for summer beginning and nothing to do with flooding, rain or alberta. They are clearly swimming - waterwings, bathing caps and snorkles and the whole bit.

But the AA one is a little off I think.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
The same thing happened on Tribe a while back. There was a thread about the guy who got killed by a industrial pasta machine, and all the ads were about...