• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

am i sam? (calling high steppa)

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
i dunno.. bit TOO much like Rainman....loads of funny shit i must say, and holy fuck Sean Penn total look alike of Dustin Hoffman...which also contributed to the distinctive movies...

all in all not bad, more of a chick movie but wasn't terrible...

what till James has a say/review.....

my Friday night.


peace,

doug.
 

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Tekkid...i'd pay money to see you watch this movie


You prolly spent the whole time calling Penn a Bitch ...am i right or wot?

and when the fook are you coming to London ya techno wank?
 
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tEkKiD:
i dunno.. bit TOO much like Rainman....loads of funny shit i must say, and holy fuck Sean Penn total look alike of Dustin Hoffman...which also contributed to the distinctive movies...

all in all not bad, more of a chick movie but wasn't terrible...

what till James has a say/review.....

my Friday night.


peace,

doug.
</font>
OH GAWD WHAT A HORRID PEICE OF SHIT THAT WAS.

Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad, but the whole movie was like Kramer vs. Kramer meets Rain Man. Michelle Pfiffer (sp?) seemed to be coasting through the film, not really showing how good she can be in films like Batman Forever, The Fabulous Baker Boys and other, much better films.

Penn, however, is way better than this. He is a gifted actor who can pull off some very difficult roles (ie. Colors, Dead Man Walking), and is just plain slumming. I recently read in an interview that he hates warm, fuzzy, schmaltzy stuff, and even had the nerve to say that Gone With the Wind was one of those kind of films (I read this in Now Magazine, and then decided to track down the article). If he feels that way, what the fuck is he doing this for? You can't get away from the Rain Man comparisons through out the movie, and Sean Penn's constant recitals of "An excellent choice!" at a Starbucks over and over again don't help things either.

From the Ministry of my review: Sean Penn is fishing for an Oscar, by going about the whole Rain Man gets ya an Oscar methodology.

Prime Minister Highsteppa
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa:
From the Ministry of my review: Sean Penn is fishing for an Oscar, by going about the whole Rain Man gets ya an Oscar methodology.

Prime Minister Highsteppa[/B]</font>
James, Sean Penn has never hesitated to express his disdain for the Academy Awards and the politics invlolved, especially since the nomination and awarding of the Thalberg award to Elia Kazan. If there is one actor out there doing work for the right reasons, it's him.
 
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hal-9000:
James, Sean Penn has never hesitated to express his disdain for the Academy Awards and the politics invlolved, especially since the nomination and awarding of the Thalberg award to Elia Kazan. If there is one actor out there doing work for the right reasons, it's him.</font>
See this movie, and it might change your mind about the sincerity of the film.

And Matt, wasn't aware of that. I guess Colors isn't exactly children's fare.

From the Ministry of I was expecting something a bit more original.

Prime Minister Highsteppa
 
Top