• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Am I missing something?

kmsmith

TRIBE Member
Maybe someone can explain this one to me. A letter to the editor of the latest Sports Illustrated regarding Kobe's 81 point effort against the Raptors:

"While taking nothing away from Bryant's feat, what makes Wilt's 100-point accomplishment unique is that it has never been equaled in one game by two NBA players on the same team."

Huh? Is this implying that when Wilt got his 100, someone else got 100 as well? I don't think so. Maybe I'm really hungover and stupid right now, but this is not making sense to me.

Can someone explain, please?

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
he is saying that it is more remarkable because no two players have combined to score more than 100 points. basically saying that his achievement is amazing because even 2 players combined could not do what he did.

kmsmith

TRIBE Member
Ahh yes...Perfect sense....Thank you very kindly. Strikes me as odd that hasn't ever happened....

Either way, thanks for clearing that up....My booze addled brain just couldn't grasp that concept this morning....