• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Alright, I have to tell someone

diego

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by torontobarfly

maybe those rednecks that keep anything of value on the end of a chain have it all figured out after all :D
LMAO ;)

I can't even begin to list the things I've lost in a cab before.
But now I always do a double take and check my pockets just before I let the cabbie go.

torontobarfly

TRIBE Member
once in boston my friend left his leather jacket and camera in the cab....we noticed it the minute he drove off...we ran into the hotel room, called the cab company and the dispatcher contacted our driver as he was leaving our hotel parking lot....

"nope, nothing in the back seat" he said.....lol

what can ya do:confused: :confused:

Harmonika

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by diego
LMAO ;)

I can't even begin to list the things I've lost in a cab before.
But now I always do a double take and check my pockets just before I let the cabbie go.
I hope you tip well, too. Can't forget to pay the driver - after all, he's the one who got you to your destination, diba?

"Mr. Cab Driver..."

i.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Congrats Sunny! That's great news.

I wish you would have made a little bowtie out of your tuition cheque. That would have made me smile even more.

:)

Animo Felonico

TRIBE Member
Sunny- where did you score your plane tix to NYC? That sounds really cheap. I am looking to head back there soon (did $170 include all the taxes, etc?).

Harmonika

TRIBE Member
Oh yeah, I was so busy making a point to diego that I forgot to say:

CON-GRAD-EWE-LAY-SHUNS!!!

Say Sunny, when are we going to meet? I've been trying to get you to come out for aaages now, and we seem to *just* keep missing each other.

i.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
YAY SUNNY-AH!

that is just too awesome for words. i'm so proud of you!

as for the cab thing, my friend martha forgot her camera in a cab, and she kept calling the cab company for weeks, and then finally they called her back and they had it.
so its worth a shot.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by MoFo
I know this should saved for my journal but I can't help it.

I just had the best day.

1) I got tickets to NYC for only $170. $70 off the original price.

2) A long appointment with a curator lead to a show in October. I will be showing some of my re-photography stuff which I have been dying to get out there.

3) I go in to pay for school but before heading to the cashier, I stopped off at K. Dickinson's office because she left me a message about having some good news.

She tells me to sit down.

Not only did I win two scholarships worth $1000 (that was old news that I posted a while ago), it turns out Mark McCain added an award just now and they are giving it to me retroactively.

Which means I don't have to meet any grade requirements or do well academically this year. I am guaranteed to have the money.
Apparently, the head of photography digs my stuff and talked to Mark McCain.

And how much? I got FULL TUITION: over $4600!!!! And because I am already covered for dental from work, they will be sending me a cheque for $120 in October to be reimbursed for the dental fee when I'm not paying it in the first place!

I just ripped up the cheque I wrote to the school for $4613.

Today is a GREAT day. :)
Nn000oooOOOIiiIIce3#!
very nice.
can I come with you to new yak?

Plato

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Animo Felonico
Sunny- where did you score your plane tix to NYC? That sounds really cheap. I am looking to head back there soon (did $170 include all the taxes, etc?).
not plane, bus. greyhound.

----

you lost yourcd player!? pooper scooper.

on the brightside you could get a new one with a working cover, no elastic band, and maybe mp3 cd reading capabilities so you dont have to carry arround a whole cd wallet with you :)

even though it is a keith herring...

N30-p[l]a+0

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
you are going to NYC on greyhound!?

why?

plane is $300.00 and you are there in 45 minutes or less...plus the view of NYC is wicked from the plane. Anyways, take it easy.. I still want to come.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Animo Felonico
PLANE?? What am I, rich or something? Haha.

I'm takin' the bus. I've done it millions of times. I'm so used to the ride...

Actually, my mom found flights to NYC for $99 but you have to book in way in advance.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Plato
not plane, bus. greyhound.

----

you lost yourcd player!? pooper scooper.

on the brightside you could get a new one with a working cover, no elastic band, and maybe mp3 cd reading capabilities so you dont have to carry arround a whole cd wallet with you :)

even though it is a keith herring...

N30-p[l]a+0
I'm going today actually to get one.. :) I didn't know MP3 cds held so much music! WHOOT!

And I liked that elastic band. It said "Andy Boy" on it. I get them from buying brocolli. :D

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chipotle
you are going to NYC on greyhound!?

why?

plane is $300.00 and you are there in 45 minutes or less...plus the view of NYC is wicked from the plane. Anyways, take it easy.. I still want to come.
yeah, but the cab from Laguardia to Coney Island is gonna be hell. I can't afford that. Having all this extra money means I have extra money I can save. I'm still using my tentative cash for NYC and not dipping into the scholarship stuff...
Well, maybe for a cd player..

stryker

TRIBE Member
sunny,
they gave you $4600 for shooting pictures with a disposable camera! j/k
that's amazing news, congratulations :D
Stew

finary

TRIBE Promoter
congrats sunny! i just read this now...

i hope you have that $4600 in a high-interest savings account! (or something at least!)

cheers,

/f

echo

TRIBE Member
Wow Sunny....that is the bestest news hun!!

CONGRATS!

Scholarships are the bomb diggidy....especially when you already have the money to pay for your tuition all saved up :)

Now you can enjoy a little "shopping spree" while in NY!

xo
amy

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stryker
sunny,
they gave you $4600 for shooting pictures with a disposable camera! j/k
Actually it was with this one:

This one:

This one:

This (which cost me $100):

and this one where the film is 8x10 inches!: