• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

allergy problems

Mrs. Pink

TRIBE Member
Now, i'm really only allergic to cats. But because of my job (contracting, home reno's etc) i get exposed to some cats sometimes. Reactine doesn't help, i have allergy induced asthma....so since we've been working on this one house, i've blown through my inhaler in no time.....anyone got any tips?

i have a doctors appt late tomorrow, but i want relief now god dammit!!

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
i continue to believe that everybody who claims they have allergies is in fact attempting to cover up a coke problem.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
when i had asthma, i had 2 puffers. one steroid inhaler which i took daily, regardless of how i was feeling, and one normal one which i took when i would have an asthma attack.
do you have one which you take regularly to keep your asthma in check?
this might be an option for you since you seem to be around cats frequently.

Noize

TRIBE Member
Are you using the over-the-counter Reactine? that never did work for me, but I had my doctor prescribe me the heavy duty Reactine and it works like a charm...only problem is it "sometimes" makes me very drowsy

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
If you're doing home reno's, its prolly not just the cats your allergic to. Dust and mold are two common allergies among the general population. The combination of that with cats will do a number on you. Your allergist will tell you to switch professions.

Get tested and try allergy shots. Or, take an allergy pill when you're going to be around cats. It will help reduce the symptoms.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Mat one of my roommates (Jill) a while back was also allergic to cats. She swore by Flonase (?) - she still had sniffles but not so much congestion. I think it was OTC, but ask your doc.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i think the nose sprays, like flonase and nasonex (i use nasonex every day) are really for congestion/stuffiness/runny nose but would not help with asthma symptoms.

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
Booty Bits said:
i think the nose sprays, like flonase and nasonex (i use nasonex every day) are really for congestion/stuffiness/runny nose but would not help with asthma symptoms.

a lot of people develop a dependency to Flonase.

I had severe allergies to dog and cats and a lot of environmental stuff. I'm allergy free now but only after 8 years of bi-weekly desensitization shots. What ever over-the-counter stuff you take is only a band-aid solution, but I guess that's what you need RIGHT NOW.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Thumpr said:
i continue to believe that everybody who claims they have allergies is in fact attempting to cover up a coke problem.

i guess that would explain why my mothers got the sniffles this time of year... fucking cunt doesn't even offer me any!

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I had one when I was little. it was yucky. i dont know what it cost.

If you are allergic to animals please try Moducare. you can get it at a health store. its a bit pricey. its natural stuff so you can take it everyday, its actually an immune system booster (so you could also take it if you are prone to getting sick alot). it worked for me and my allergy to dogs. be sure to take it on an empty stomach at least a half hour before eating.

subuser

TRIBE Member
Do you happen to drink milk or eat dairy products frequently?

Some experts claim there is a direct link between dairy intake and asthma related allergies. I've heard this from a few people now in the last while.

Drugs like flonase and reactine may provide short term relief, but let's face it - not being able to breathe sucks ass. Researching and experimenting with what actually causes you to be allergic to cats/mould/dust/pollen etc in the first place might be worth your time.

Asthma explained by common allergy to milk and dairy products

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
hey OP...not only are you a faggot.

but the cure to your problems is to take a cum shot up the nostrils.

Trust me, been there, have had problems, cum shots solve them. Durrrrrrrrrrrrr

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
Something MUST be working with DG because she was at my place on Saturday and it was dust hippopotamai central AND she was front and central with Edward (one of my beloved fuzzballs) with zero complaints. I even offered her a Claritin and she turned it down, so whatever she's been doing must be helping!

From what I remember, allergy tests were covered by OHIP as were the shots. Granted, this goes back many many moons so things may have changed. On the positive side, allergy injections actually inject you with the crap you're allergic to so you develop an immunity, quite a worthy investment in both time and money if necessary for most parts...

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Something MUST be working with DG because she was at my place on Saturday and it was dust hippopotamai central AND she was front and central with Edward (one of my beloved fuzzballs) with zero complaints. I even offered her a Claritin and she turned it down, so whatever she's been doing must be helping!

no there were totally some allergy elements bugging me after I left yours lol. i did take 2 of those moducare pills, but it was in the morning before i even came to meet you so it wasnt a proper test cause they probably would have worn off by then.