• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Alleged 1980's hash dealer to run for leadership of Ontario PC party

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Disclaimer...i just posted a normal 3 post rant in less than a minute, that James does on a consistent basis...
when he's let out of jail. or rehab.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Looks like the pre-election-run symphony to a schmuck has officially begun! Deputy Mayor Crisanti just got the axe for his support...

""If anybody out there doubts the power of Ford Nation, just come here tonight ... I got first elected in 2010 with the support of Rob Ford and I'm here today because of the Fords and I want to thank them..."

Let the longing violins of democracy play, as the REAL dancers take the stage.

It's already super predictable and super low-brow. ...and it'll likely work perfectly.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Is it safe to assume Doug Ford will use similar tactic to Trump? If so, will Torontonians/Canadians buy it?
He's already tossing around the "Make Toronto great again!" catch-phrase, so...

The downtown core won't buy it but Mississauga, Scarborough, etc. will be all over it.

It'll be interesting to see how Doug will be seen by the burbs that supported Rob in the past - Doug and the word "liked" don't mingle as much as it did resonnate with Rob in their eyes.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Because when you're coming out of a sex harassment scandal, what better way to right the ship than to choose a bully who once told an autistic kid's dad to Go To Hell!

2nd reaction - great, I gotta listen to this asshat for two campaigns now (coz you know he's gonna run for mayor if he fails this)

If Tory beats him again in a Provincial race, I think it'll be the end of Doug's political ambitions for some time (that is, if Tory does decide to run, and they take him back)

And I have to admit, I am looking forward to seeing Doug's burned out Neil Young ultra fan brother skulking around in the background. It's like a super easy (and a bit creepy) game of "Where's Waldo?"

Last edited: