• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Alleged 1980's hash dealer to run for leadership of Ontario PC party

acheron

TRIBE Member
So Doug's out of the Ontario Cons. leadership race. He'll support Christine Elliot.

Didn't say too much but I figure the situation at Deco Labels and Tags is bad enough he feels a lot of pressure to concentrate on keeping the business afloat. More importantly, I think Rob's prognosis is likely worse than they've let on - after four rounds of chemo, the mass isn't getting any smaller and that's very bad for Rob's survival potential.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

coleridge

TRIBE Member
So Doug's out of the Ontario Cons. leadership race. He'll support Christine Elliot.

Didn't say too much but I figure the situation at Deco Labels and Tags is bad enough he feels a lot of pressure to concentrate on keeping the business afloat. More importantly, I think Rob's prognosis is likely worse than they've let on - after four rounds of chemo, the mass isn't getting any smaller and that's very bad for Rob's survival potential.

You could also hear from his wife and kids after DoFo lost that they were relieved. I don't think they support any more political aspirations. They also probably want him to get back to Deco so they can keep up the lavish lifestyle they live.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
DoFo is co-hosting on 1010 at 4pm today.

I want to listen after 6:30pm because they do the tie in to the 7pm show hosted by John Downs. Downs has in the past called Doug Ford a disgusting human being ... should make for some good radio.

erika

TRIBE Member
I think that
1. He may owe her because of the Flaherty connection
2. He may want to run for a ward 2 by-election if Rob is toast
3. He may not have been able to get the support he thought he could in that party
4. He's a complete attention grabbing whore for calling a press conference just to say he's not running

So glad he's out of the way.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I do wonder if Diane, who probably knows Christine Elliot quite well personally, put off Doug for a few years, similar to how she once told John Tory is was his turn to be mayor, that is until it was Robbie's.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
They probably told him, "wait for a bit, don't act like a backwoods goon in the meantime, and come back to meet with us just before the next provincial election in a few years."

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
ha spence - didnt even see your post. i think we're on about the same thing basically. i think it was the party who told him to go take a rest and just be a councillor for a while though.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
If he runs and wins as an MPP and if Elliot gets defeated by Wynne in a spectacular fashion, the next OPC leadership race is probably his to lose. That's a lot of 'ifs', mind you.

I think that
1. He may owe her because of the Flaherty connection
2. He may want to run for a ward 2 by-election if Rob is toast
3. He may not have been able to get the support he thought he could in that party
4. He's a complete attention grabbing whore for calling a press conference just to say he's not running

So glad he's out of the way.

I think it's mostly #2 and 4.

He irked a lot of Conservative MPP's with the whole "I'm going to clean them out/enema" comments, and he's still got a few conflict of interest court cases. Hudak told him to fuck off, and that still goes for a lot of the establishment that still there.

I think the provincial cons know that he's a very divisive figure, and would be a detriment to their party if he got in.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
No wonder these terrorists got caught, everybody knows he doesn't ride the subway!

Rob Ford target of terrorist plot, court hears

Toronto mayor Rob Ford was a potential target of an accused terrorist, court heard this morning.

An FBI undercover officer told a jury that Raed Jaser told him he had a "sniper plot" to assassinate government leaders, including the mayor, because they were far more accessible than officials in America. The agent said Jaser told him the mayor was "an easy target" because he uses the subway.

The undercover agent is the star prosecution witness against Jaser and his co-accused Chiheb Esseghaier, both of whom have entered not guilty pleas in connection with a plot to kill passengers by derailing a train travelling between New York and Toronto.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Who the hell cares? It's for Fun. Lastman repeatedly stated Rob Ford make him look like a genius. SO Right, Because this is posturing for his next election effort.

Karim

TRIBE Member
I was shopping around once for a large order of food packaging labels to be made and called the Ford Brothers' Deco labels company. I left a voicemail for one of their sales staff asking for a quote and never got a call back. I found that odd and a piss poor way of doing business...

His Johnny LaRue tracksuit - I can't help but wonder if he'll start habitually wearing that to City Hall. I mean, he'd wear the Leafs jersey into overkill pretty quickly, right?

Phat Buddha

TRIBE Member
The brother of Toronto’s controversial former mayor is considering a run to take over from Stephen Harper, should the prime minister falter in Canada’s election.

If Harper were to step down as head of the Conservative Party after the Oct. 19 vote, Doug Ford would probably seek the leadership, according to his brother Rob Ford -- who as mayor admitted to smoking crack cocaine.

“Doug said if it’s a minority government, Harper’s going to step down. He wants to run for leadership,” Rob Ford, 46, said in an interview Thursday. “If it’s one member, one vote, he said, you know, he’s as popular as anyone else across Canada.”