• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Alleged 1980's hash dealer to run for leadership of Ontario PC party

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Remind me to ask you who you like in the Super Bowl next year so I can hammer the other team

I admit I was surprised Kimmel went as far as he did. Amazing he actually got ROFO to stand next to a reel of videos. Good for him.

I'm not sure if it actually hurt ROFO though. He handled himself pretty well. If anything Doug's comments afterwards and today are doing more damage.

The reason Ford is framing this visit as promoting Toronto even though it doesn't really look like he did anything meaningful in that regard is he brought Staffers with him. Even if the Fords and Kimmel paid for the trip the fact they were there on a work day means City resources were used on the trip. If there was no City Promoting then this was a campaign stop.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

djfear

TRIBE Member
They could have taken a vacation day to circumvent the fact that it was on a Monday, though who knows if that's the case.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
i was quite puzzle by his telling Jimmy that "he was the boss", and waving to the crowd in the audience in Burbank, California that they were his tax payers.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
this L.A. trip ( to promote Toronto, yeah ) was just one last outside Canadian trip for him to let loose without that nagging bitchy wife of his there before the large marge charges are laid. he won't be flying anywhere after that.
goodfellascadillacfleetou5.9827.jpg

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Doug's on City TV saying they've got one of the top IT guys running Rob's website.
it crashed after the Kimmel show.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
You know what annoys me most about that article? I hate the picture of the business card with gold lettering. He took such a great design and ruined it with a tacky, ostentatious foil. It is symbolic of the total desecration that man has brought this city.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
I'm not sure if it actually hurt ROFO though. He handled himself pretty well. If anything Doug's comments afterwards and today are doing more damage.

I don't know. I think it pissed off a lot of 'folks'. At least those who are sane but hadn't really thought about it. Putting himself in the global light will do that. Won't change the insanity of ford nation though. Ford More Years?? How about 'Ford More Lies'..

JamesM

TRIBE Member
If someone on page 1 said after 400 pages, Ford's going to end up on Jimmy Kimmel, I would have said they're on crack.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 6m
Star's Kevin Donovan, who is in court, says 50 pages of new police document on Ford/Lisi could be released as early as March 19. Story soon.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Interesting to note that Ford's relationship with Lisi strengthened around the same time Scott MacIntyre went to jail for threatening. Could it be that SM was the family drug dealer, and once he was out of the picture, Lisi took over?

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
The OPP have now taken over the investigation of Rob Ford.
------------

Toronto Police Services issued the following statement on Wednesday at noon:

On Wednesday, March 5, 2014, Chief William Blair wrote to Ontario Provincial Police Commissioner Chris Lewis:

Dear Commissioner Lewis,

As discussed in our recent phone call, I am writing to make a formal request that the Ontario Provincial Police assume an oversight role with respect to Project Brazen 2. As you are aware, Project Brazen 2 arose from the Toronto Police Service’s year-long Project Traveller, focusing on organized crime, violence, guns and drugs.

I am taking this step to avoid the distractions that have assumed such recent prominence. The only public interest here is the continued investigation, without fear or favour, into evidence of possible criminality.

Yours truly,

William Blair, C.O.M.
Chief of Police

Commissioner Lewis has agreed to Chief Blair’s request, effective immediately.

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
all it means is the police chief has admitted behind closed doors that there is a conflict of interest in him being part of the investigation. He is just protecting himself.

no big deal happens all the time.

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
Unless I read the release wrong, I'm pretty sure this was the reason.

“The Fords have been taking shots at Chief Blair,” the source said. “Now Chief Blair has been replaced by OPP Commissioner Chris Lewis and this will avoid all of those problems.”

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
TPS funding comes from City Council, so i think that's also a part of it.
Maybe also jurisdictional matters ( out of Toronto boundaries, etc ).
Good on Blair to finally distance himself from the name slinging.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Yes, that is the reason stated that they are transferring oversight over.

It also closes any conspiracy loophole for Ford to use when he is arrested. If the methods and findings are confirmed by two levels of police, charges are more likely to hold water.

If they didn't find anything, why turn it over?