• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Alleged 1980's hash dealer to run for leadership of Ontario PC party

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
^You're coming on 50? Jesus.....! Not that it's a big thing or anything, I still baffle at the idea that I'm coming on 40.... I guess its just the mindset that I'm still early 30 something at heart.... and 1993 was only 15 year ago. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Was that for me? :p

Yep.. hard to believe (Oh, and thanks for reminding me. lol). I don't feel it.. well I do in some aspects of my life. I'm definiteky not as young as I used to be *old grandma*, but most people tell me they can't believe I'm as old as I say I am (so I clutch that to my heart with some pride). :D

I work with a former triber who just had her 40th. She knows of tribe but hasn't posted in years. She joked she was turning 30, and I told her I could be her mom (If I had been a pregnant teen). Turns out she was turning 40.. She told me the truth when I told her my age. It was a 'girl' moment. ;p

Last edited:

octo

TRIBE Member
i have a crush on the Star reported, Robyn Doolittle. she was just on the National with the dude from Gawker and a couple of other media guys.

2canplay

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I just saw that piece on the national. She and the star come off really credible and so does the gawker dude. They all say it is 100% him smoking crack. Wow.

Some facts:
The Star has seen this video 6 weeks ago and have been trying to buy it and they "mentioned" 40,000; they claim they would not have paid it (not sure why not...)
The scumbags with the tape wanted more so they got in touch with gawker (the one thing to this which I find strange....I mean, why gawker?). They told gawker guy that another offer was 40k, the star lady confirmed that tonight....so, the two stories seem to line up and the time lines are lining up.
The star knows he's into some bad stuff because they have talked to enough people over the past 18 months to know....

Ford is a careless careless man. People have known this for 10 years or more. It's a shame he's our mayor.

Agreed, star girl is cute.

maphi

TRIBE Member
Some facts:
The Star has seen this video 6 weeks ago and have been trying to buy it and they "mentioned" 40,000; they claim they would not have paid it (not sure why not...)
The scumbags with the tape wanted more so they got in touch with gawker (the one thing to this which I find strange....I mean, why gawker?). They told gawker guy that another offer was 40k, the star lady confirmed that tonight....
Vice should buy the video. Seems right up their alley.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
BBJ...
Stop with the smear campaign bullshit.
Just stop.
Your man has been caught smoking crack with drug dealers.
Do you really think that's okay for the Mayor of Toronto to do that?

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
BBJ...
Stop with the smear campaign bullshit.
Just stop.
Your man has been caught smoking crack with drug dealers.
Do you really think that's okay for the Mayor of Toronto to do that?
do you have proof of this?
i have a video of you smoking crack
if you pay 100 thou i wont sell it to the star
you also were doing coke, beating and sexually assualting women, driving drunk, overweight, beating your wife, stealing unicef boxes, kicking a dog......

Last edited:

maphi

TRIBE Member

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Its going to be a really good day when this video gets shown to the public. The Ford supporters will scream set up, Holiday will scream nice editing, and Sarah will scream I told you so.

kmsmith

TRIBE Member
BBJ, please tell me you are trolling. You HAVE to be trolling. I work with umpteen ultra-conservative Construction dudes who read the Sun as their Bible. Big Rob Ford fans. Right in their demographic. Even they were making fun of him at lunch yesterday.

But wait! Rob Ford says it is a left wing conspiracy? Is my face ever red now...Because we all know if he said it, it must be true. If you can't trust your crackhead mayor, who can you trust?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I don't agree with much of what BBJ is saying in this thread but it wouldn't be too hard to name a bunch of Tribers that have tried crack.
I've tried crack.

But I'm also not the Mayor of a major city. Nor does anyone I know who has tried crack (keeping in mind I worked in community development) thinks that the crack they've tried was a GOOD thing for their well-being.

It's not the crack that actually bothers me. That in itself is pretty fucked up for someone in his position to be doing. But it's the fact that he's saying really shitty things about youth, minorities and gays.

BBJ, as a guy who has gay friends, I'm surprised you still support him. You should probably man up time around and admit that he's a quack no matter where you lie politically. We don't live in a world where 3 journalists can go on national TV and lie about a public figure without there being huge consequences.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

MoFo

TRIBE Member
none of which has been proven

i have never seen a smear campaign like this, it is bordering on completely ridiculous
What?

There are photos of him putting magnets on cars.
He was charged with breaking a bylaw for putting magnets on cars.
That is a poll.
There are photos and witness statements about him being kicked out of the ball.

Anyway, I like that he made my very poorly funded former workplace spend thousands of dollars for an event so that he could have a photo op and didn't show up. THAT is enough for me to hate him.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
He was featured in NY Magazine and many other news outlets. A lot of them saying "if you didn't know Toronto's idiot Mayor Rob Ford, you will now."

Well, he is putting Toronto on the map I guess. Good for him.

octo

TRIBE Member
Very tacky. I'm surprised you participated in that.
That money could go to maybe something Rob Ford is against. Ick.
if they don't manage to buy the video they will donate the money to a "Canadian non-profit institution that helps people suffering from drug addiction and its various consequences"

what would be tacky is for a credible news outlet to pay such a large sum of money for the video.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I wonder why the people in the video would put themselves into this situation as well? They're gonna have to get lawyers too eventually. Ionno. I'm not interested in this. I can see why people perceive it as a smear campaign. The whole thing is tacky.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Very tacky. I'm surprised you participated in that.
That money could go to maybe something Rob Ford is against. Ick.
why's that? don't you want to see the video? it's certainly worth the cost of a couple beers at a bar, and if it leads to ford's resignation/humiliation, then even better.

i've certainly spent $20 on a lot less worthy causes.

octo

TRIBE Member
gawker will admit to it.

this is probably part of the reason why the star wouldn't pay. even if it is real, they open the door to people doctoring videos and then getting money from newspapers for scandalous videos.

let the gawkers and tmzs of the world take the credibility hit.

it's totally worth $20 for the entertainment value alone. never mind the chance to get rid of our idiot mayor. i'm sure there are people willing to pay $1000 or more to get rid of the mayor but haven't given money because if the donor list gets published with amounts attached it might make some people look bad.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit