• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Alleged 1980's hash dealer to run for leadership of Ontario PC party

octo

TRIBE Member
Well I guess we know who octo was on the playground.

Kevin Donovan (one of the Star reporters who saw the video) is doing a Q&A: Rob Ford crack scandal: Live chat with Kevin Donovan - thestar.com
i was kidding!

i feel bad for the kids. i really do. i'm a small guy and was a target for bullies. from kindergarden to grade 8 i went to 5 different schools and was always the new kid. thankfully everywhere i went, there would always be bigger kids who defended me against bullies.

but Ford needs to step down. for his own good, his family and the city.

his supporters and blind defenders need to get their heads checked.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Could the sale of this video be considered extortion and part of a criminal proceeding? If so, could the police seize this video?

dig this

TRIBE Member
Talk radio was priceless this morning. A steady stream of callers attacking the The Star and the left wing conspiracy for relentlessly going after Ford. Many saying the man deserves his privacy.

Many suggesting that this is a message to any right leaning mayor that the left will do anything to bring you down. Really? ... You think if John Tory was our mayor we would have an alleged video of him smoking crack in the news?
I was listening to his talk show last Sunday and he and Doug were complaining that the left would talk so much in council that the voting would take place so late in the everning that all the right wing folks had already gone home, leaving the left to win the votes... They actually think that it's a left conspiracy or something to "outwork" the right until they have to go home... lol...

Big Harv

TRIBE Member
by 5pm today he either needs to categorically and clearly deny the allegations OR step down. calling it ridiculous and a torstar conspiracy and dodging other reporter's questions doesn't cut it.

ford was arrested for pot possession in florida; he denied that during the mayoral election campaign, also calling the allegation ridiculous only later to recant and say he was indeed charged. same thing with him getting tossed at a leaf game.

DJ Vuvu Zela

TRIBE Member
by 5pm today he either needs to categorically and clearly deny the allegations OR step down. calling it ridiculous and a torstar conspiracy and dodging other reporter's questions doesn't cut it.
he already has denied everything. par for the course.

ford was arrested for pot possession in florida; he denied that during the mayoral election campaign, also calling the allegation ridiculous only later to recant and say he was indeed charged. same thing with him getting tossed at a leaf game.
yep. that's his M.O. Deny, Deny, Deny, until the proof comes out and then say sorry.

Big Harv

TRIBE Member
in addition to denying and later admitting the dui/marijuana charge he also denied and accused the star of doing a hatchet job on him by releasing a story of how he was booted from the acc for being wasted and disturbing other fans, only later admitting the truth. so even though i haven't seen the video, ford's history of substance abuse -- denial/blaming the star --- admission would leave me to believe the allegations are far from ridiculous....the star reporters who say they viewed the video are putting their careers and credibility on the line, i don't think they would fabricate this.

looking at ford's wikipedia page under scandals, lawsuits, etc. it is simply mind boggling how easy trouble seems to find him. Someone either needs to make a rob ford movie when this is all over or do a rob ford reality program...now that is a CRTC-approved canadian content show that I would actually watch!

Big Harv

TRIBE Member
i wonder how people that voted for him are going to spin this one?
the usual rhetoric - it's a left wing conspiracy, it's his personal life, he has done so much good for the city, he gives out his home phone number and makes himself accessible to the people, he's clearly got an addiction issue and needs help so stop pilng on.....

Big Harv

TRIBE Member
he already has denied everything. par for the course.
i haven't read or heard a clear denial from him...just that the allegations are ridiclous and part of a torstar led witchhunt.

if i was a mayor of a major city and someone posted a video of me allegedly smoking crack but it was a complete fabrication/fancy editing, i would deny each allegation and say that i am pursuing all of my legal options to ensure my name and reputation is protected.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Doug Ford must be at the cottage already! Or smart because he's got a lot on the line (prov. run), unlike loyal Holyday, who can keel over and still win his ward.

Gawker trying to raise 200K by May 27
at 5,500 right now

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
according to one North Yorker that I work with: "what he does on his personal time is nobody's business but his own".

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
He'll probably drop dead of a heart attack before he leaves office. He drinks, smokes crack, fights with and fucks up our city, and eats a week's food in a day. I'm surprised he's not dead already.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Rob Ford smokes crack

late for meeting. Sprints out of Church, hands out flyers, when asked if he thought what he was doing is crazy, and replies with ' you're crazy '

smokes more crack

heads to mcdonalds, has a mcnugget and fries party all by himself.

smokes MOAR crack

gets more magnets made.

Call his brother to ask why everyone hates him. cries a little. pees a little.

begins to drive around the city looking for his stashes of booze and crack,
gets fucking DESTROYED.

photo op while destroyed at various locations in the city.

gropes women and has ' zero ' recollection.

actually DOESNT believe hes doing anything illegal till he gets caught, and only then begrudgingly admits his involvement.

breaks every bylaw possible in just daily routines.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
haha, this part was even better than the tantalizing stub:

MORE ON THESTAR.COM
  • Mayor Rob Ford under investigation for sticking magnets on cars
  • Toronto Mayor Rob Ford bolts from meeting to put fridge magnets on cars
  • Olivia Chow would beat Rob Ford in mayor’s race: Poll
  • Rob Ford: ‘Intoxicated’ Toronto mayor asked to leave military ball
  • Mayor Rob Ford, Sarah Thomson trade barbs, sustain furor
  • Sarah Thomson wants apology after accusing Toronto mayor of inappropriate touch

I don't even know what to say anymore. We could add so much more to that list, so much more...
none of which has been proven

i have never seen a smear campaign like this, it is bordering on completely ridiculous