• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Alleged 1980's hash dealer to run for leadership of Ontario PC party

kuba

TRIBE Member
115M down the drain with nothing to show for it? I don't think all the plant waterers in the world add up that!

Yes, taken right from an anti-miller site but..

As Mayor, Miller grew the city’s operating budget by 44 per cent, $2.8 billion, increased the city’s debt by more than $1 billion and increased property taxes every year well beyond the rate of inflation. He fought for and got new taxing powers which he used to impose a host of new taxes, including a: plastic bag tax, garbage tax, car tax, billboard tax, and land transfer tax.

Damn, bro!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Phat Buddha

TRIBE Member
Rob Ford: Questions and answers about the Star’s ‘intoxicated’ report | Toronto Star

Q: If this has been an ongoing investigation for over a year, and the most recent “situation” with Ford was about a month ago at the Gala, why did you (or the Star) choose to go public now?

RD: Publishing a story like this is not a decision a newspaper makes lightly. It takes months — in this case, a full year — of reporting to feel satisfied we nailed it down. We learned about the Garrison Ball a number of weeks ago. The information was slim. It took a long time to investigate what actually happened, locate witnesses and convince some of the organizers to go on record — on the condition of anonymity — about the events that night. We would never hear something from one person and just run with it.

Q: How come the “eight” people who are accusing Rob Ford are not named? What do they have to hide if what they are saying is right? I don’t think Mr.Ford would be irresponsible with his drinking when he is going to a place where he can connect with professional people.

RD: The eight people you’re referring to are the ones Councillor Paul Ainslie referred to in a private email, which was obtained to the Star. In the Star’s report, we spoke to six individuals who felt the mayor was impaired. Words they used included: “out of it,” “intoxicated,” “rambling.” The people we spoke to did not want to speak on record because they feared political ramifications.

Q: I thought the article was pretty fair. What is the process for ensuring articles don’t unfairly sandbag the mayor?

RD: When we were writing this story, we of course prepared for the backlash. Anonymous sources are never ideal. In this case, we felt the public interest warranted using them. Remember, there is other and supporting evidence: the DUI conviction, the Maple Leafs game, the domestic calls. The staff told us they were upset that the mayor was constantly being photographed out on the town looking dishevelled or at the LCBO counter buying mickeys of vodka. We located the photos they referred to, to cross-check that information. These sources are reliable, vetted and well-placed. From there, we made every effort to get the mayor’s side. We put out interview requests with his staff weeks ago. On Friday, we sent a detailed email outlining every point in our story. We made face-to-face contact with the chief of staff. They opted not to respond.

Phat Buddha

TRIBE Member
26 Rob Ford Memes, Gifs & Graphics [Gallery] : The Lion's Den University

or6nbd.jpg

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Yes, taken right from an anti-miller site but..

As Mayor, Miller grew the city’s operating budget by 44 per cent, $2.8 billion, increased the city’s debt by more than $1 billion and increased property taxes every year well beyond the rate of inflation. He fought for and got new taxing powers which he used to impose a host of new taxes, including a: plastic bag tax, garbage tax, car tax, billboard tax, and land transfer tax.

Damn, bro!

Tax and spend liberals! Marxist ndp union lovers!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Phat Buddha

TRIBE Member
Funny that someone would say this in a question.

the Q&As were taken from a live chat...and the 'fair' comment was in response to what was written in the moment before

Robyn Doolittle said:
From a reporting standpoint - we just cover what happens. When the Ford administration penned a deal with the unions, it was viewed as a major victory for them and we wrote that. When we point out that his transit vision has gone no where because he cant' bring allies on side - or find the money - we write that. It's not about: let's write something to say the mayor is doing bad or good.

greig said:
I thought the article was pretty fair. What is the process for ensuring articles don't unfairly sandbag the mayor?

‘Intoxicated’ Rob Ford: Live chat with reporter Robyn Doolittle - thestar.com

malcolm33

TRIBE Member
If you got sources, spit them out, otherwise shut-the-fuck-up.

This is horse shit. Just out every source you have? Perfect way to scare potential whistleblowers into silence. Misdeeds will then go unreported and then unpunished.

Should Deep Throat have been outed at the beginning of Watergate? I'm sure that would have been the best plan to solidify that Nixon was actually involved.

He doesn't hold enough power to make enough change.

I will agree with you here, however. I think it's actually been a slight benefit; he only has one vote, he lost council consensus early on, and now he's made people very aware of the importance of municipal politics. I know I personally never made much of an effort to learn about the council candidates, but you bet your ass I will this time. I bet I'm not alone in that regard.

Phat Buddha

TRIBE Member
Mayor Rob Ford will attend Pride flag-raising, says Doug Ford | Toronto Star

Mayor Rob Ford will attend the rainbow flag-raising at City Hall that kicks off Toronto’s Pride Week, his brother, Councillor Doug Ford, told a Ryerson University law class Thursday afternoon.

If he does, it would be the first official Pride event the mayor has attended since his election in 2010.
“Rob doesn’t give two hoots if you’re gay, straight, purple, pink, black, white,” Doug Ford told the class. “You call Rob Ford up, he’s calling you back, he’s showing up to your door. It’s very simple.”

The mayor would not publicly confirm that he would attend the two flag-raisings.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Last edited:

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Yeah unless that's at his office that shouldn't matter at all.

And not cool that a Rogers employee would share that information.

Someone should at least show Rob how to get that for free on the internet though.