• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Alleged 1980's hash dealer to run for leadership of Ontario PC party

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
I am very very VERY disappointed in the citizens of Toronto right now. You jackasses just elected a total buffoon who will make Mel Lastman look good.

I bet Mel's happy. :(

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
My buddy said in celebration of Ford's win, he's gonna send him two dozen KFC double downs.

I guess there are a lot of people in Toronto I DON'T LIKE!

erika

TRIBE Member
We survived harris and his impacts (barely); we survived lastman and his nonsense; we'll survive this. It's not like Ford's going to be able to make tons of changes just like that...

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
I am hoping that city council will virtually strangle the jackass and the only thing he'll be able to accomplish is saving money on paper clips.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
The council ain't exactly what it used to be either. Lots of progressives didn't get voted back, Pants obviously being one of them. Ford's got his brother on there now, plus a bunch of other conservatives and fiscal liberals. He will actually get a scary amount through.

BAd Luck

TRIBE Member
this is what happens people when your candidates are drywall v.s. plywood.

I have that same problem in the north...
Stealing corrupt motherfucker in charge now, or the douche I met @ fuction who considered Sarah Palin to be "Political genious"...
err...ummm...
can I vote maoist?

erika

TRIBE Member
Yeah, but let's look at some basics:
Biggest budget item: Toronto Police
% of that budget that is salaries/benefits: close to 90
Amount of that that can change without changes to provincial legislation: just about zero

So sure, he wants to get rid of the vehicle registration tax, but where is he going to find the extra revenue? or what is he going to cut? it will be interesting times, for sure...
(that was in answer to spinsah)

mushroom

TRIBE Member
I just threw up in my mouth.

Who are these people who voted him in? I thought Toronto was a progressive and somewhat liberal city? Guess not....

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
I'm scared because, despite some of the social initiatives contained in Ford's platform, he is definitely a fiscal AND social conservative. Problem with Miller et al is that they were fiscally liberal. We needed a fiscal conservative and social liberal.

The pendulum swing is definitely a bitch. :(

DJ Vuvu Zela

TRIBE Member
but Ford festered in Etobicoke for years. isn't that considered 905?
Etobicoke is 416.

But i guess your point was that Ford's support came from the suburbs, and not the downtown core....so blame Lastman for amalgamation.

It's sad because Ford is just the Canadian version of the Tea Party. Voter anger funneled into an empty cause.