• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

"All you can eat" Sushi - Downtown

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
street meat, coffee toffee and surf and turf also sound great. your theory of rhyming food being awesome just may hold water.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I just decided to cook this tonight.... and was wondering where i can get the appropriate beef...

Still don't know where to get the beef but at least there's a link.

-jM
A&D

T and T market on Cherry street?

(if T and T is still there, I heard it got bought out)

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
Back to the topic ...

I resurrected this thread to post about my new fave All You Can Eat sushi resto in Toronto. I want to explain though that all-you-can-eat is not my thing, as I can never justify throwing down that much rice, nor do I like to gorge myself.

HOWEVER, when said sushi joint charges $14.95 on weekdays, and $16.95 on weeknights, and has Excellent quality sashimi, and Very Good rolls, gyoza, tempura, and (my fave) Wakame salad, I thought it deserved a mention.

Cheesy yes, Delicious yes: I Love Sushi on Queen West, between Spadina and Bathurst. They even let us open a bottle of sprakling wine as it was my partner's Bday.

Two thumbs up.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I haven't been there and it isn't all-you-can-eat (at least, not to my knowledge) but

The best Japanese place in the city is Izakaya Guu at Church and Gerrard. Apparently it's new.

By best, I guess I mean mostly 'most authentic' or even 'only authentic'. This is certified by actual Japanese people and not froo-froo hipsters so take it with a grain of rice.

-jM
A&D

jus me

TRIBE Member
^^^ Izakaya is close to my place! Will definitely check it out soon.

Any one have updated reviews on Sushi Island? My friend is having their bday dinner there...and I really don't want to get food poisoning...