• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

All things Mike Patton

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
I didn't know green shirt got the drumsticks at the end! Classy.

Also there were a couple of kids next to me that probably weren't even born when angel dust came out but they were going mental and knew all the words to all the songs. makes me feel better about the youth of today!

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
I didn't know green shirt got the drumsticks at the end! Classy.

Also there were a couple of kids next to me that probably weren't even born when angel dust came out but they were going mental and knew all the words to all the songs. makes me feel better about the youth of today!

With the advent of the internets, kids are exponentially exposed to more music
than we did at the mercy of DJ's.

The green shirt(needlessly referred to as "the heavyset kid" in the lithium review) getting the drum sticks was one of the sweetest music related moments i've seen since,um, i unno, my rave days!:D plus the heart shape thankyou he did at the end.
ps- anyone know/notic why patton always makes a noose of the mic cord at the end of the show?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

silver1

TRIBE Member
Greetings FNM fans. I happen to have 1 extra ticket to this Friday's show. General Admission floors. I'm selling it at face value so PM me if interested.

Cheers

dabeats

TRIBE Member
Flying in tomorrow night for the show! They`ve added RV and Small Victory to the setlist the last few shows. Can`t wait!

Rage

TRIBE Member
What a show!!

Fk the Rico though. Can't drink your beer anywhere. Can't stand anywhere with your beer. BS.

Otherwise, 11/10 show.

dabeats

TRIBE Member
WHAT. A. NIGHT.

Got there early to make sure we could get a good spot for the show since we had GA`s and there was probably 30 people in line. Headed for the merch table right away to secure a signed poster. Refused were pretty good. FNM were spectacular as usual. Highlight was the Van halen interlude during Mid life Crisis. They totally did that off the cuff. So happy they played Cone of Shame!

Stuck around after to meet the band. Got pictures with all of them except Patton which is alright since we met him at Peeping Tom concert years ago. They were super nice and chill and each stayed for close to an hour signing stuff.

BILLY!
11831742_10155867194550134_8313174985702057089_n.jpg

RODDY!
11870838_10155867194595134_8866587898579505943_n.jpg

JON!
11222360_10155867194820134_2082607160545553818_n.jpg

PUFFY!
11220473_10155867194915134_2665580798562187426_n.jpg

POSTER
11836658_10155872372810134_2504654582529016978_n.jpg

11828651_10155867195235134_3138316077716355550_n.jpg

11831781_10155867195300134_4866395175347785039_n.jpg

Truly epic! :)

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Great show! Patton can sing. Their new stuff sounded better live than the previous show. Kinda disappointed they closed with Joke rather than Just A Man but hey life's like that.

Toronto crowds can be very subdued and always staring into their stupid phones.

Much more 'metal' crowd than the previous one.

Great hanging with silver1 et al.

I know the floor wasn`t licensed hey what do you do but we were allowed where the seats were.

I had floors but went to the stands to have a drink before right before Midlife Crisis. Ricoh is such a shit venue for the glory that is FNM.

Rage

TRIBE Member
I know the floor wasn`t licensed but we were allowed where the seats were.

I know we could drink in the seats (well, the seats they DIDN'T block off - the entire middle section facing the stage wasn't open, couldn't even stand there) but when I'm paying $100 for a ticket and am an adult, I expect to be able to drink my overpriced, shitty beer where I want.

Despite all that, the show was incredible. They played my fav song - Evidence. Sounded amazing. Stage looked great. Hadn't seen them since the Angel Dust tour when they opened for Metallica & Guns & Roses at the CNE.

Such a great band. I honestly felt it was a real treat seeing them.

Anyone here go to both the show on Friday & the one in May at the Sony Centre? Can you compare the two if so?

Awesome pics BTW. I didn't see any posters after the show, just shirts. Forgot all about those.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Anyone here go to both the show on Friday & the one in May at the Sony Centre? Can you compare the two if so?

Both shows were awesome. FNM do not mess around live. They aren't some shoegazing emo band mumbling through their set. That being said I liked the May one slightly better, just because it 5 years since I saw them last and the anticipation level was high. Sony Centre for the Performing Arts is a is much better venue suited to FNM (who Perfom Art) rather than a 2nd rate hockey arena that smells like horse poop.

maphi

TRIBE Member

Damn! I totally saw him on the north (westbound) Go Train platform at the Ex while waiting on a friend just before the show. He walked up towards Liberty Village and by the time I realized it was him for sure, he was gone. Would have been nice to say hello.

The show was great, although tragically under-attended and in a shitty venue (the smell of the Pizza Pizza deep fryers were making me gag).

Littlest Hobo said:
Great show! Patton can sing. Their new stuff sounded better live than the previous show. Kinda disappointed they closed with Joke rather than Just A Man but hey life's like that.

Although the 2nd encore (when the crowd finally woke up) was amazing. I loved hearing We Care A Lot!

Rage said:

Yes the Sony Centre show had a much better energy. It was pretty much full and people were stoked to see them after so long. That venue sounds so much better (being a proper concert hall and all), but I think the band played as good, or better (under the circumstances) at the Ricoh show. A few more months of touring under their belt may have something to do with it.

Set-list wise, the May show had a few gems that they didn't play this time around (King for a Day, Land of Sunshine, Last Cup Of Sorrow), but this time it was great to hear The Real Thing, Everything's Ruined & We Care A Lot instead...

I was sad to miss most of Refused (one of my other favourite bands of all time), but the last 20 minutes I caught were great. The sound was shit for them, but they dug deep and played with a ton of energy.

silver1

TRIBE Member

I went to both. To me they were both equally spectacular but for different reasons.

May show was "special" for me because even though they have been one of my top 2 favourite bands since high school, I never got a change to see them back in their heyday. So losing my "FNM live virginity" was just awesome.

That being said, I liked their setlist for the Ricoh show better. Opening with The Real Thing (my absolute favourite FNM song) and closing with We Care a Lot on their second encore just blew me away.

Sound was a bit better at Sony Center as that venue is built for it better.

I was situated pretty much in the exact same spot for both shows (a bit to the right of stage about 5-10 people deep from the front of the stage).