• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

All the happy birthdays

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
I have noticed within the last week a fair number of happy birthday threads started on tribe. Is this because these people with December birthdays are more popular, or because more tribers have their birthdays around this time? What was so special 9 months ago in Canada? Mine is in April- does that bode badly?

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
hey silvershadow, weren't you talking about attending the hulla that passed last weekend?
i was looking for you, but i'd only seen one picture of you so i wasn't too sure!

p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SILVERSHADOW!

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
hey silvershadow, weren't you talking about attending the hulla that passed last weekend?
i was looking for you, but i'd only seen one picture of you so i wasn't too sure!

p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SILVERSHADOW!
Unfortunately, it was decided at the last minute that we wouldn't make it for lack of funds. :( (If I had known ahead of time that we'd have to pick between Hulla and Evanescence last night, I would've picked Hulla) Oh well, perhaps next Hulla we'll be there (which'll be what, February?).

And thank you. :)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Silvershadow
(If I had known ahead of time that we'd have to pick between Hulla and Evanescence last night, I would've picked Hulla)
Did you end up going to see Evanescence? How were they? She always sounds good on recordings, but so much of that can be faked in the studio, ya know?

She didn't sound too bad live on Much last night.

Johane and I were considering going to last night's concert but it was out in Mississauga on a Sunday night. :(

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
Johane and I were considering going to last night's concert but it was out in Mississauga on a Sunday night. :(
Yeah, it was pretty far... I wouldn't have gone had it not been for a friend picking us up on the way and driving us back.

Evanescence was quite good, actually... And yes, her voice does actually sound that good. I was impressed. They even covered "Fourth Of July" by Soundgarden and did a great job of it.

Finger Eleven, I hated, but I think I was one of the only people there who felt that way (never been much of a fan). Seether was good. That band sounds SO much like Nirvana... but at least they're aware of it, because they actually covered "Rape Me"... I've never in my life heard a cover sound so much like the original. It was uncanny. The singer might as well have been Kurt Cobain.

I must say though that the venue in itself sucked ASS. I will never go back to a show there... There were NO seats, and concrete floors all across. My friend and I were both wearing high heeled boots, so that got QUITE tiring after 4+ hours. The tickets said doors opened at 5... we got there after 6 and you should've seen the lineup outside... Way too crowded, way too uncomfortable. The place was set up like an outdoors concert, only inside, so lacking the option of sitting on the grass.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Welcome to going to a rock show!

Did it not say GA on the ticket?

Anyways, I am jealous. I wish I'd gone. I went to Hulla though which was great fun!

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic
Did it not say GA on the ticket?
Well, to be quite honest, a friend of ours picked up the tickets, so I didn't see what the ticket said until we showed up... I'd actually never been to an indoor concert that didn't have SOME sort of seating arrangement.

I had a pretty good time, once Evanescence actually hit the stage, but in retrospect, I probably would've had a better time at Hulla (from what I hear, anyway).

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Really? Pretty much every rock show outside of the Amphitheatre that I've ever been to has no seating. And those that do end up sucking. :p

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic
Really? Pretty much every rock show outside of the Amphitheatre that I've ever been to has no seating. And those that do end up sucking. :p
Well, I'm originally from Ottawa... And in Ottawa they pretty much all end up at the Corel Centre, cause, really, where ELSE are they gonna put them? (The Civic Centre or Barrymore's, I suppose... but again, seating is available) The only other rock show I'd been to in Toronto was at the ACC.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
yo there is only enough room for one Dirty mutha fucka around here bitch and thats me!!!! Put up your dukes!!!:mad: :p