• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

all-in-one Printers/Scanners/Fax???

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
Who's used em?

What brands have you?

Whats is the print/scan quality like?

What is the expected price of this recommendation?

thanks,
D

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
You can get one for pretty cheap these days.
No idea on the price though.. I would assume ~$200

Look at the Xerox as they're the most popular for such a thing.

pr0nstar

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Just make sure that whatever you buy has FAX!
a lot of all-in-one's only server as printer/scanner/photocopier and they leave the fax out of it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Katman

TRIBE Member
It's all about HP when it comes to printing.. no one else holds a candle to their stuff. Picked up an Officejet 7110 over Christmas and it's great. The 6110 is a little cheaper, but I've heard good things as well.

My 2 cents

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
I have the HP LaserJet 3330mfp. I love it so much that I convinced my dad to buy one. Retailed at the time for about $1,000, but I bet it is a bit cheaper now. It is only black and white, but it is laser, which was a must for me as I hate inkjets.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants one of these all-in-one units and is looking for a laser based solution. It is one of the few laser-based solutions that have a full flatbed scanner (many just let you feed sheets through).

Cheers ... Ian :)

echootje

TRIBE Member
I just bought the lexmark X3150, it doesn't include fax, but if you have a modem it does include fax software. After rebates from the boxing day sales it'll end up costing me 89(+tax). The scanner is great, comparable to any of them out there and it does borderles and photo printing so I'm not unhappy. The only drawback (IMO) is it doesn't have an under-feed for paper, you have to load it in the open shelf at the back.

Rob

fuzzy

TRIBE Member
My Lemmark X73 is not working right now
I think its fucked
we only had it for about a year

Richard

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Psyklone

TRIBE Promoter
Lexmark is poop.

I have the Lexmark z23 (you know, the cheap-ass printer that Future Shop was selling last boxing day [2002]) and it's absolute shit.

SHIT.

Psyklone

fuzzy

TRIBE Member
Is it possible that Printer In Cartridges know when they have been refiled and therefore make the printer not work?

Someone mentioned that this might be my problem

Richard

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
The all in one package deals suck the reason being it's like putting all your eggs in one baskets, so if the printer goes down then everything else that you brought that thing for is useless. I also find that the bed scanners on those things to be very small, so you are limited to what you can scan.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories