• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Alieninflux and Promise at Sudbury

Gremlin

TRIBE Member
It's hard to imagine a better (indoor) venue for these two...How many days exactly until April 1st?

kaniz

TRIBE Member
He's touring the USA right now I think.

It'll be good to see him out - although for some reason, I can already picture the review thread bitching about how his PA is boring.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

grit

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
He's touring the USA right now I think.

It'll be good to see him out - although for some reason, I can already picture the review thread bitching about how his PA is boring.
probably end up bein somethin to the effect of ' it wasn't bangin enuff for a saturday night when all i want to do is get down to durty beats. he put me to sleep, etc, etc. etc.'. ;)

kaniz

TRIBE Member
pfft, they just need to get looped up on psychedelics instead of amphetamines for the night.

But, I wont let the haters get me down - I'm SO looking forward to this. I dont care if I'm the lone person dancing with a bunch of 'wtf?' looks around.

While his stuff isnt banging - it sure is groovey, I love his productions and have found myself dancing around my apartment to his stuff before.

technowelt

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
pfft, they just need to get looped up on psychedelics instead of amphetamines for the night.

But, I wont let the haters get me down - I'm SO looking forward to this. I dont care if I'm the lone person dancing with a bunch of 'wtf?' looks around.

While his stuff isnt banging - it sure is groovey, I love his productions and have found myself dancing around my apartment to his stuff before.
thats what i like about sleeparchive.. his stuff is so unique, and it will be a different experience to see him play a party..

also, this makes it hard to spin into a set, which is why his live PAs are so great, but his records don't get played much. This inspired me to spin a set with a couple of his tracks just now :D

i am really looking forward to this

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Actually, I've heard allot of his stuff layered into minimal sets before. Allot of his things are so stripped down and basic - it seems to lend it self to being layered as a tool on top of other tracks.

If I recall correctly, "The Tunnel" from DE9: Transitions is actually largely made up of a sleep archive track no? (Elephant Island) – and I hear that in more sets than I can shake a stick at these days.

But I do agree – very unique stuff, and very much looking forward to this.

Although – did you buy his records in town anywhere? Or did you order them online? I’ve looked at 2 The Beat and Play De for his records – but haven’t found them yet. I only have his stuff downloaded, but would love to have it on Vinyl (even though I don’t DJ)

Donc

TRIBE Member
Hey,

Just to get it in there, Sensor is an equal partner in this, and has been working for quite a while on booking in these artists... Everyone involved is all fuckin' amped up for this jam!! ;)

technowelt

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
Actually, I've heard allot of his stuff layered into minimal sets before. Allot of his things are so stripped down and basic - it seems to lend it self to being layered as a tool on top of other tracks.

If I recall correctly, "The Tunnel" from DE9: Transitions is actually largely made up of a sleep archive track no? (Elephant Island) – and I hear that in more sets than I can shake a stick at these days.

But I do agree – very unique stuff, and very much looking forward to this.

Although – did you buy his records in town anywhere? Or did you order them online? I’ve looked at 2 The Beat and Play De for his records – but haven’t found them yet. I only have his stuff downloaded, but would love to have it on Vinyl (even though I don’t DJ)
Online only.. i haven't seen his records in town unfortunately.

sentience

TRIBE Promoter
can't wait for sleeparchive live - and function a.k.a. david sumner to boot!! kero is also in the business of regularly ripping sh*t up, so don't miss out y'all...

anyone else get that sumner/regis/kero/sleeparchive 12" on infrastructure nyc last fall? maximum-security minimal insanity...

mad props to SENSOR for bringing this cutting-edge talent to t.o., and thanks also go to alieninflux and promise for backing up the efforts of our main man in the trenches, eric "la donner" downer...

kaniz

TRIBE Member
pfft, why has this fallen down to the depths of page 2.

Audion and Tony Rohr down in terms of recent techno-digs that I have been looking forward to. Now have a weekend of rest (and friends bday BBQ goodness) to act as a padding untill Sleeparchive.

Donc

TRIBE Member
If there are questions about the space...
This event is still happening at Studio 99, just in case anyone thinks it's closed down. It ain't. This party will be happening as planned... Sleeparchive is on the road as we speak and just played Cleveland last night...

ladd

TRIBE Member
i'm pretty excited for this, kudos to promise and alien for bringing new talent, although i'm not sure how toronto will react to his sound.

i've been really digging his work lately, just got his new double pack - radio transmission (basically it's his jan06 live PA reworked into seperate tracks). as for finding his releases in toronto, i've kept an eye open but have yet to come across anything.

edit: just a side note, when i first heard his work / live PA's, i could hear a strong resemblance to early plastikman, stripping everything down, kinda eerie, dark, building using the most basic sounds and patterns. anyways just a random thought.

Last edited:

Donc

TRIBE Member
Something sweet going down tonight: CIUT 89.5, University of Toronto’s radio station, from about 9pm on will feature Hz: Patrick Root’s Reggae show and Die Maschine (the techno weekly) right after at 10. Roger of Sleeparchive is passing through town early and will be able to say a few words on air!

kaniz

TRIBE Member
This set seems to be alot more 'club friendly' then his releases.
Mind you, I love his relases - mind you, I also love Plastikman - Consumed/Closer, so *shrug*

Its not everyones cup of tea, but sure is mine!