• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Alien Isolation

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Anyone play this yet?

I'm not a gamer but this looks the business.
I've watched a few online reviews and I'm impressed with the atmosphere, the audio, and the close detail replicating the original Alien film.

The premise is set around Ellen Ripley's daughter search for her mother and being hunted by a single xenomorph on a ship much like the Nostromo. She encounters droids and other humans on the ship, but has to evade the alien, which is unpredictable in its actions.

It looks genuinely stressful and intense.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Its on the wishlist, will get it for sure.

Metro Last Light has me right now - gonna wait for a day with a break on it on Steam...

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
graphics are just killar, cast, tone, environment, voices

just fucking beautifully done. the opening sequence is great.
just fucking WOW.

cant wait to get into this later tonight.

wholy shit

This is a really good, really, really punishing game. The alien is a very formidable foe, but it sometimes feels like the alien is nearly all seeing and all knowing.

Do not play this in the dark.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
I'll keep a look out for this one. I heard very bad things about Colonial Marines so passed that up, but I need a good sci-fi scary romp in the vein of system shock or, more recently, dead space 2.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Picked this up and right away it's one of those games you look forward to playing when you get home. The ambiance captures the mood of the film, and the cold, sci-fi decrepit of a future corporate space. Looking past the dialog, everything else seems like this is the successor to System Shock.

Playing on hard!

wickedken

TRIBE Member
This game is really good at making you feel anxious. It does have its faults, and eventually gets into a routine as you understand how to beat each section. At the same time though the environment makes it really easy for you to stay on edge as robots aliens or bad guys came around. Pretty much been playing this every day for 4 hours sessions lol.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i'm gonna up my laptop ram to 8 gig and get this for PC.
i'm terrible at either console controllers, but love playing these types of games with keyboard and mouse.

praktik

TRIBE Member
This one is a bit of an either/or one for me in the controller/keyboard question.

In front of the plasma the controller just feels right, at my desk in my office im good with keyboard and mouse.

Have only got it installed where I need it and tweaked so it runs smoothly - have NOT been able to dedicate much time to it but so far so GREAT - production levels are just where they should be for a game like this, great lighting work and a tight, polished little gem they got here.

Can't wait to dig in but going to clear out a few titles in the backlog before I get to this one more meaningfully!

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i'll be playing this on my laptop and mouse but pushing the video through my projector onto an 82 inch corner to corner wall. should be trippy.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Finally able to dedicate a lot of time to this!

Can only play this on my plasma as the black-levels really make this one pop and i'll echo all the effusive positive comments - just solid design through and through - playing this one in complete darkness is crazy!

praktik

TRIBE Member
Hey when u finish can u play any chapter/moment?
My dad is very interested in this game and thought would be nice to show him a few parts and not have to download some saves at different points..