• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Alien Covenant

This was originally supposed to come out in August of this year, but they've moved the release date up to May - a good sign that this could be pretty good.

Danny McBride looks like he's in the role similar to Yaphet Kotto in the original Alien movie, and might be going for a more serious role. Michael Fassbender returns as David, as well as a duplicate role in the movie.

Really looking forward to this:

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Lojack

TRIBE Member
I want a worthy new Alien universe film as much as most, but after Prometheus I'm not as confident that this will be it. The Alien project with Sigorney Weaver is still intriguing, if it ever happens.

praktik

TRIBE Member
The trailers for Prometheus made it look awesome too.

That said, I feel like I'm among a group of people that liked it more than others. Just wish some things were different and not taking me out of suspension of disbelief sometimes in that one, like the guy whose job it was to map the tunnels getting lost. What a waste of a great actor on a stupidly written character! Also a xeno biologist who decides to touch alien life with no protocol.

The biggest fail in this science fiction movie was the science, disappointingly

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Having seen 20k + films in my life (worked in a video store in high school, 4+ films per shift, plus personal viewing, it adds up), I've come to realize that if I see a film and immediately realize how I could have made it better, it failed to achieve what the filmmakers intended. Seems obvious if you're familiar with Roger Ebert's methodology.

Prometheus is a perfect example.

+1 on the science.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Having seen 20k + films in my life (worked in a video store in high school, 4+ films per shift, plus personal viewing, it adds up), I've come to realize that if I see a film and immediately realize how I could have made it better, it failed to achieve what the filmmakers intended. Seems obvious if you're familiar with Roger Ebert's methodology.

Prometheus is a perfect example.

+1 on the science.

I have the same feeling about advertising after having worked in the industry for 5+ years. I think it could be a production thing though, when you know so much that the magic is lost.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I thought the trailers was another example where they show all the good bits and only leave the expositional dialogue and credits for the theatres.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
when my mom says `we`re seeing this in May , it`s a good thing. VIP with alcohol.
i saw Alien with her when it came out. She snuck me in. i was 9.`
the above aformentioned trailer is the only one i`ll watch.
i am amped.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders