1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

aLICE in Wonderland

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Mar 6, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Who has seen it? Anybody seen it in IMAX?

2. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

we're on our way to see it now. Not in Imax though it's sold out.

oh shit the scotiabank theatre is totally sold out now.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  3. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

still tickets at yonge and eg.

4. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

i though of going today but i figured it would be rammed. I will wait for a weekday i think. tell us how it is though JamesM

5. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

I think I'll wait till the end of the run like I did with Avatar. Patience does pay off.. I had the best seat at IMAX.

The other big upcoming film that I want to see is the 3D sequel to Tron. Apparently, they're showing a preview for it during Alice in Wonderland. I haven't been this excited for movies in years!

6. deepfunkysoul

deepfunkysoul TRIBE Promoter

+1

Trailer looks awesome.

7. maphi

maphi TRIBE Member

I saw it last night in 3D (not Imax). I thought it was good, not as great as I was expecting. I was definitely entertained though. My favourite character was definitely the red Queen. Some hilarious moments throughout. It was pretty cool visually as well, although I think Avatar has ruined me for striking visuals since it definitely didn't live up to the awe that I experienced when I saw Avatar.

8. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

my thoughts exactly. It didn't blow me away, but it was definitely an experience. Well worth the money to see it in 3D as well.

the cat is my fav.

9. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I would like to add at times I was wondering about the 3d method. Apparently in avatar they used 3d cameras to do the work. In alice, they filmed it in 2d, then sort of remastered it if you will, in 3D.

Couldn't really tell the difference to tell the truth. probably cost much less to do it this way, too.

Although on a negative side note my eyes did hurt for the first 20 minutes I kept finding I needed to take the glasses off. But then it went away and all was well.

I didn't get that at all with avatar. so food for thought.