1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Alice in Chains - Amphitheatre

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by PF9K, Sep 19, 2010.

1. PF9K

PF9K TRIBE Member

Killed it.

Very jesse crowd, played everything you wanted to hear, rain stopped, afw.
  2. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

How long was their set?
  3. sianspherica

sianspherica TRIBE Member

AIC played for like a 80 minutes or so.

Would have liked a longer set.

In fact, all the bands should have played for longer. Mastodon only got 30 minutes.
  4. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Mastadon and a 30 minutes set does not compute.

What is a jesse crowd?
  5. PF9K

PF9K TRIBE Member

lots of skids throwing devil's horns, sniffing glue, etc.
  6. maphi

maphi TRIBE Member

They still managed to cram in a hell of a lot of music into that set... I think it was closer to 40-45 minutes actually. But yeah Mastodon were awesome (despite really muddy sound)... Deftones were great, although not nearly as awesome as I have seen them in the past. AIC were cool to see, although I couldn't help but feel strange that some other guy was singing the dead guy's tunes. Best part was their encore (Brother > Man in the Box > Would?) Glad they took the extra 20 minutes after curfew, otherwise I would have been disappointed in their set.
  7. JCrack

JCrack TRIBE Member

I had fun. Didn't expect to go...just happened to call a friend that was going who suggested I come along. With AIC being one of my favorite bands from back in the day it would have been hard to say no. Ended up getting a ticket for $20 outside the door which was nice. Got there just as AIC was coming on and loved the opener, Them Bones I hink. I noticed that I have had tunes of theirs stuck in my head since the concert. Wouldn't say it compared to the mindblowing experience of seeing them with Layne Staley in a much smaller venue, but it was fun.
  8. PF9K

PF9K TRIBE Member

i've been singing nutshell a lot since the show...friends and family think i'm suicidal