• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Alfredsson: 'I guarantee we'll win the Cup'

AGrayson

TRIBE Member
All I have to say is..

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

I guarantee that come playoffs, Alfredsson will suck. How's that for a prediction, Daniel?

GO LEAFS!

BOSTON (CP) — Ottawa captain Daniel Alfredsson is so confident in his Senators that he has guaranteed they will win the Stanley Cup.

The Senators are unbeaten in six going into a game Tuesday night against the Bruins. After a slow start this season, they are 9-2-3-0 in December.

``I strongly believe this team will do it,'' Alfredsson told an Ottawa newspaper. ``No question about it.

``Hopefully this year. We've got the core, for sure, especially when we get everybody healthy.''

It's too early to say if any lineup changes are needed. There are tough schedule stretches ahead but, said Alfredsson, ``I think we can keep improving like we have the last month. I really like the way the team has been built up, and I like the chemistry as well.

``Go ahead and write it,'' he told reporters. ``I guarantee we'll win the Cup.''

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AGrayson
``Hopefully this year. We've got the core, for sure, especially when we get everybody healthy.''
The "hopefully this year" part means that he is guaranteeing that at some point, eventually the Senators will win the cup. But he is just hoping that it will be this year.

Cheers ... Ian :)

AGrayson

TRIBE Member
Hmm, well then I can predict the Leafs will win the Cup.. eventually. Sometime. Maybe. ;)

Though the Senators may go bankrupt first. :)

adam

Jennika

TRIBE Member
I... hate... alfredsson!

ever since the playoffs 2 years ago I have had voodoo hate on for his smug ass

die alfredsson die! (that's german for "the alfredsson, the")

KickIT

TRIBE Member
I guarantee the Sens will win a Stanley Cup before the Leafs will. That's okay Leaf fans, get your hopes up like you do every single fuck'en year. I'll be laughing at you all when you're all dejected come April.
*c*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AGrayson

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jennika
I... hate... alfredsson!

ever since the playoffs 2 years ago I have had voodoo hate on for his smug ass

die alfredsson die! (that's german for "the alfredsson, the")
You talking about his goonery and breaking Tucker's collarbone? Grrrr. I tell you, so far the Senators owe us one repaired collarbone and one eye. Rotten Hossa.

Adam

TRIBE Member
Before this year, I'd definitely put my money on the Sens to win the cup before the Leafs.

After that streak though, anythings possible. As long as the Leafs remember how to play like this, they'll be a contender.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AGrayson
You talking about his goonery and breaking Tucker's collarbone? Grrrr. I tell you, so far the Senators owe us one repaired collarbone and one eye. Rotten Hossa.
Kettle = black dude. Like Tucker is an angel. Gimme a break.

*c*

Tonedeff

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KickIT
Kettle = black dude. Like Tucker is an angel. Gimme a break.

*c*
exactly...I'm sure Islanders fans have put some voodoo curses on Tucker, and Tucker isn't even half the player Alfredsson is.

kuba

TRIBE Member
I guarantee the Sens will win a Stanley Cup before the Leafs will. That's okay Leaf fans, get your hopes up like you do every single fuck'en year. I'll be laughing at you all when you're all dejected come April.
*c*
I had respect for you.

Now I dont. :p

<all kidding aside....>

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
I had respect for you.

Now I dont. :p

<all kidding aside....>

This will be you next April as you are contemplating which over the hill has been superstar should become the next Maple Leaf.

*c*

nate

TRIBE Member
alfredsson is gay- and a swede not a german,
the senators suck ass, despite their first ever showing in the playoffs last year they still lack any experience or talent that can take them to the next level.
tucker is awesome....14 goals is pretty damn good for a 'goon' as some would say.

and finally if you are a senators fan....go to fuckin ottawa cause we don't need your sorry asses here in the mecca of the hockey universe.

peace

leaf fan!

kuba

TRIBE Member

This will be you next April as you are contemplating which over the hill has been superstar should become the next Maple Leaf.

*c*
tell me exactly; What have these sens done in the playoffs that the Leafs havent?

no

thing.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
No you move to Ottawa and learn what good team hockey is. I swear growing up and living in Leaf country, every year is like freak'n deja vu. Always ending in ....

Sorry bud fans

*c*

KickIT

TRIBE Member
PS.

I used to be a Leaf fan... then I discovered its much more fun being a Leaf hater. You bud fans are so defensive, its pure hillarity! HILLARITY!

*c*

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
All I can say to this is,I guarantee Alfredsson will get layed out next time the leafs play them, or the flyers.

Way to go Alfredsson, you just lit a fire under everyone you play from here on in.

The sens don't have any heart,you're a bunch of cry babies.

You guys will end up being like the Bills,you might make it to the cup finals a few times,but you ain't winning jack doo doo.

I used to be a Leaf fan... then I discovered its much more fun being a Leaf hater.
We'll remember this when we finally win the fuckin thing.As long as they win it before i die,only once that's all i ask.

Last edited:

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Musical Rush

You guys will end up being like the Bills,you might make it to the cup finals a few times,but you ain't winning jack doo doo.

Sorry were you talking about the Sens or the Leafs?

*c*

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
Where were you sens fans the past few weeks?

Do you guys only put on your sweaters,and wave your flags when your team is beginning to play half descent?

haha

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Musical Rush
Where were you sens fans the past few weeks?

Do you guys only put on your sweaters,and wave your flags when your team is beginning to play half descent?

haha
No we're just not loud and obnoxious like you over-zealous Leaf fans. Maybe if Leaf management ran a team like they should be instead of listening to their goofy fans, they might have been able to "build" a Stanley Cup contending team, instead of tinkering and tinkering with a solid core of over the hill-has been-ex-superstars.

*c*

kuba

TRIBE Member
chuckie:

you can go on and leaf-hate all you want. I will do the same for a bunch of pansies like the Sens. Your coach is a joke. He has been LOADED with talent, and hasn't been able to do jack-shit except for say maybe next year with a smug look on his putrid face.

Your new owner, Melnyk, does have some cash mind you, so the only hope in hell is for him to ppony some of that money up. When loserfredson and hossa's contracts are up, along with the other young guns you have, i bet he wont be able to afford to pay for everyone, and then you're screwed like the rest of the league usually is.

your goalie, Lalime, hasn't proven a thing in the playoffs except he can't win the "BIG" game. Same can't be said for ed belfour, although it didn't happen while being a Leaf. (not yet, anyhow)

Believe me. Im not one of those idiots who calls into leafs*talk after they lose and demands that we trade for bowmeester, or chara, or blake, or anyother stud defensemen like I heard last night, and hear over and over.

And yes, I am quite understanding of the current leaf ownership mess, and the fact that Ottawa is owned by a hockey fan, and Toronto is owned by a bunch of accountant types in suits that basically crunch numbers and look to maximize ROI for the teachers' pensions.

But, stranger things have happened. The Sens have steamrolled the leafs over and over in the regular season only to lose HOW MANY TIMES in a row? You're lucky we didnt meet last year, or it'd be FOUR.

Your constant "sens rule" banter reminds me of that idiot on this board, smile, and his "GO MAVS" bullshit, which only gets him nowehere since that team is loaded with stars but is going to fizzle like the fart I just blew. (and its still coming out)

So, enjoy your current "high", and we'll see what happens when your eru0-laden team, a team with no heart, no grit, shitty coaching and suspect goaltending (at least when it matters) faces some real adversity.

Remember, when the leafs lost to the Hurricanes, we didnt have Sundin until that series, and we stil beat you. If any of the top 3 sens were out for the majority of the playoffs, I guarantee you wouldnt make it past four games. Hell, if a guy like Mogilny was out, I guarantee you couldnt reel off the run that the Leafs have had.

Man Im going off here... Ok gotta go back to work.

I shouldnt hate the Sens cuz theyre a Canadian team, but I desperately do, along with the Hab-nots, and cancocks.

Go Leafs Go.

AVE

TRIBE Member

Your constant "sens rule" banter reminds me of that idiot on this board, smile, and his "GO MAVS" bullshit, which only gets him nowehere since that team is loaded with stars but is going to fizzle like the fart I just blew. (and its still coming out)

haha

another leafs vs sens thread. good times

KickIT

TRIBE Member
chuckie:

you can go on and leaf-hate all you want. I will do the same for a bunch of pansies like the Sens. Your coach is a joke. He has been LOADED with talent, and hasn't been able to do jack-shit except for say maybe next year with a smug look on his putrid face.

Your new owner, Melnyk, does have some cash mind you, so the only hope in hell is for him to ppony some of that money up. When loserfredson and hossa's contracts are up, along with the other young guns you have, i bet he wont be able to afford to pay for everyone, and then you're screwed like the rest of the league usually is.

your goalie, Lalime, hasn't proven a thing in the playoffs except he can't win the "BIG" game. Same can't be said for ed belfour, although it didn't happen while being a Leaf. (not yet, anyhow)

Believe me. Im not one of those idiots who calls into leafs*talk after they lose and demands that we trade for bowmeester, or chara, or blake, or anyother stud defensemen like I heard last night, and hear over and over.

And yes, I am quite understanding of the current leaf ownership mess, and the fact that Ottawa is owned by a hockey fan, and Toronto is owned by a bunch of accountant types in suits that basically crunch numbers and look to maximize ROI for the teachers' pensions.

But, stranger things have happened. The Sens have steamrolled the leafs over and over in the regular season only to lose HOW MANY TIMES in a row? You're lucky we didnt meet last year, or it'd be FOUR.

So, enjoy your current "high", and we'll see what happens when your eru0-laden team, a team with no heart, no grit, shitty coaching and suspect goaltending (at least when it matters) faces some real adversity.

Remember, when the leafs lost to the Hurricanes, we didnt have Sundin until that series, and we stil beat you. If any of the top 3 sens were out for the majority of the playoffs, I guarantee you wouldnt make it past four games. Hell, if a guy like Mogilny was out, I guarantee you couldnt reel off the run that the Leafs have had.

Man Im going off here... Ok gotta go back to work.

I shouldnt hate the Sens cuz theyre a Canadian team, but I desperately do, along with the Hab-nots, and cancocks.

Go Leafs Go.
I like your breakdown. It is well thought out. Truth be known, I don't care much about hockey. Just enough to be the yang to the Leaf's ying. Attacking Leaf fans is just a fun hobby for me :) It works though and the reactions I get give me a good chuckle. That makes it all worthwhile for me.

*c*