• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

AlexD--please fix these glitches

stryker

TRIBE Member
Hi Alex,

Dunno what updates you've made over the past month but whatever they are they're crashing my browser almost every time I login.

please fix.. I don't want to go back to full productivity.

thanks
stew :)

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Stryker I am doing some major editing of the board database behind the scenes and that may be causing it. When I am finished the edits I will rebuild the board index and that should sort stuff out. Give me a few days.

What browser are you using BTW?

Liability

TRIBE Member
Stryker I am doing some major editing of the board database behind the scenes and that may be causing it. When I am finished the edits I will rebuild the board index and that should sort stuff out. Give me a few days.

What browser are you using BTW?
I am also having the same problems.

Internet Explorer 9.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am not seeing problems using Chrome. A page might stall or fail to load rarely, but hitting F5 to reload the page solves that.

This might be partially loaded images or cookies in Exploder that can be resolved by clearing your caches.

I will continue to investigate though.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stryker

TRIBE Member
I'm on IE 10. I use Chrome for work related stuff (email, company dashboard, etc) and IE for personal stuff.

Thanks for the update!
stew :)

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Unless Alex is specifically messing about the presentation layer of the site, chances are browser compatibility isn't really the problem.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
"tribemagazine not responding" and freezing constantly. I thought it was just me. I deleted my cookies and still had the same problem. I was on Internet Explorer 9, now using firefox, which I rarely use, and will give it a try (Creature of habit :eek:).

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
"tribemagazine not responding" and freezing constantly. I thought it was just me. I deleted my cookies and still had the same problem. I was on Internet Explorer 9, now using firefox, which I rarely use, and will give it a try (Creature of habit :eek:).

I find it weird how I am not experiencing any of these issues and neither are most of you. It seems people using Exploder are experiencing these issues exclusively, or at least more frequently.

I might have something to do with one of our ad servers, pulsepoint, so I have turned that off to see if it makes a difference.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
OK I decided to start using Explorer 10 to browse the site to see if I can experience any of these glitches. I made an important discovery: I had forgotten how much I hate Exploder and how boated and crappy it is! How do people use it daily?

No other errors so far though.

Liability

TRIBE Member
OK I decided to start using Explorer 10 to browse the site to see if I can experience any of these glitches. I made an important discovery: I had forgotten how much I hate Exploder and how boated and crappy it is! How do people use it daily?

No other errors so far though.
I only use it due to restrictions on installing software at work.

I keep getting a message about a scripting error or explorer stops and restarts the tab.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
No issues on foxfire so far (and very fast). It was slow before, and I'd have to reload at least once (sometimes up to 3 times). Hrmm.. Maybe I'll stick to firefox. Although, I hate not knowing where everything is.

maphi

TRIBE Member
I've been having issues with mac/Firefox not loading images. It's been happening for quite some time. It often doesn't load about 1/4 of the images on any given thread (especially the Amusing/Random picture thread).

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
I've been having issues with mac/Firefox not loading images. It's been happening for quite some time. It often doesn't load about 1/4 of the images on any given thread (especially the Amusing/Random picture thread).
Hm. I mean the solution would obviously be to buy a PC.
...Oh fanboyism....so silly.

Is there an update pending? Have you tried blowing away the cache?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I have been using Explorer 10 on and off this afternoon and have had no errors.

Anybody still getting them?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories