• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

aldo shoes

kuba

TRIBE Member
I'm not a high-maintenance kind of guy. Matter of fact, I would probably shop at Payless but I don't.

HOWEVER-

I just bought a pair of shoes from aldo, and the sole is already coming apart. By just, I mean, 2 days ago. I have the receipt and box, and I want my money back.

Has anyone ever dealt with them before? I'm going to go straight to the manager, as I won't bother with the front line "sorry that's our policy" people. Other than that, any suggestions on how to fight retail?

(hopefully from people who work IN retail...)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
you probably won't have a fight at all....they have a really good policy with replacing bad shoes with new ones.

Poot

TRIBE Member
I think Aldo is pretty good about replacing defective merchandise... I don't know about a full refund, however.

What does the receipt say?

Agent Smith

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
I'm not a high-maintenance kind of guy. Matter of fact, I would probably shop at Payless but I don't.

HOWEVER-

I just bought a pair of shoes from aldo, and the sole is already coming apart. By just, I mean, 2 days ago. I have the receipt and box, and I want my money back.

Has anyone ever dealt with them before? I'm going to go straight to the manager, as I won't bother with the front line "sorry that's our policy" people. Other than that, any suggestions on how to fight retail?

You're totally fine... at the very least they'll give you a full store credit.

I buy all my work shoes from there. Great value for the price.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I bought a 90 dolla pair of shoes there last week and the exact same thing happened - I had worn them for literally 2 HOURS and the sole started to come up....they gave me full refund. They tried to get me to just exchange but I wasnt havin that...

Ill never buy kicks there again

Agent Smith

TRIBE Member
junglegirl said:
I bought a 90 dolla pair of shoes there last week and the exact same thing happened - I had worn them for literally 2 HOURS and the sole started to come up....they gave me full refund. They tried to get me to just exchange but I wasnt havin that...

Ill never buy kicks there again

Did you buy them with your GST refund cheque?

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
I pretty much only wear Aldo shoes for work. THey usually last 6 - 9 months.
If I was in your position, I'd be demanding my money back as well.

It's all in the way you ask, or demand.
As you said, don't waste your time with the staff who's usally more interested in talking to their boyfriends on the phone or twirling their hair.

JLV

TRIBE Member
actually... Aldo has a lifetime warantee on their shoes (they just don't make a point of advertising it for obvious reasons) if it is from normal wear and tear and as long as you have the original receipt and the original shoe box.

they will either send them away to have them fixed or replace them.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Yup. Aldo will give you a new pair. In fact, if it falls apart in less than a year, you can get a replacement/repair free of charge. After, you will need to show a receipt.

Or what ^^ said,

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I have a pair of Aldo shoes from 5 years ago. Still in fine condition.

Kuba, you can also reinforce your shoes with extra soles, especially really expensive shoes. It costs about $30 and it will make your shoes last longer.
Also, spray your shoes with protectant so that they can easily wiped each week.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
kuba said:

I have a suggestion: don't act like you're above them like a crotchety old geyser and you'll get treated with respect.

I have NEVER yelled or been treated badly by a retail person when trying to return stuff. They're not your retail slaves. They could care less about your shoes. They're there to make cash so that they can pay for college to get a better job so they can yell at retail associates when they're making an exchange.

Almost all stores have a return policy and are usually flexible if you explain your situation. There's no need to go in thinking they're all against you. Because then you become "that guy."

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
MoFo said:

Kuba, you can also reinforce your shoes with extra soles, especially really expensive shoes. It costs about $30 and it will make your shoes last longer.

I usually end up doing that after 6 months.
Good to know about the return policy.

I could have gotten 6 pairs of free shoes by now.

technowelt

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
Yup. Aldo will give you a new pair. In fact, if it falls apart in less than a year, you can get a replacement/repair free of charge. After, you will need to show a receipt.

Or what ^^ said,

Good to know.. I bought a pair from Aldo about 2 months ago, and the leather sole is worn through already, and the upper is starting to lift off the sole.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I once returned shoes to Aldo from a totally different store (I actually forgot where I'd orginally bought them) and they still gave me store credit.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
wow thats awful. i've actually had really good experiences with aldo...i had a pair of stelettos i bought two decembers ago...wore them like twice and they broke 7 months after i bought them. Generally their policy is they take your shoes and get them repaired for you..but that takes like six weeks...so i told them i wanted a new pair. they looked up how much they retailed for (they didn't sell them any longer) and let me get any pair i wanted at that price. it was pretty sweet. It happened to me again with a pair of boots last winter, they did the same thing. I didnt' have any receipts or anything

kuba

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:

I'm going to ask for my $ back first. If they don't give it to me, I'll go with a store credit. However, I'd be skeptical to keep the credit because of the fact that the shoes busted right away. SO- i'll take said credit and sell it on craigslist IF they don't give me my money back.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
I once returned shoes to Aldo from a totally different store (I actually forgot where I'd orginally bought them) and they still gave me store credit.

dude! i love it!