• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Alcoholic, Lushes, Drunks, Boozers Unite

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Lately, it seems that everyone around me has somewhat of an alcohol problem.
Anyone notice this? Is it the winter blues?
Are we all just searching to escape reality and our inhibitions?
Are we, as a generation, mildly addicted to booze?
Or is this just a phase?

Not that there's anything wrong with it...

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I've noticed it too...myself in particular. I've never been a big drinker per se, but the past few weekends I've been drunk at least once (sometimes both Friday and Saturday nights).

I know people for whom this is the norm, but I've never really been one to get trashed every singe weekend (on alcohol).

quantumize

TRIBE Member
tribe is the home of the most heavyweight drinkers i have ever encountered in one community....

thats a compliment

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

littlejon

TRIBE Member
i find as my friends get older they drink less than they used to.
it is harder and harder to find someone to drink with, though people can usually be talked into a good binge once in a while.

CIRCE (Sir C)

TRIBE Member
As you get older, you're adopting more of those middle class values that you swore you never would.
It's like the sixties generation becoming the corporate shills they are today ;)

I, on the other hand, haven't had a drink in 12 years :)

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
Winters tend to be filled with drinking for me. Thats what happens when you live in ski towns. Always something going on and always a chance to go out drinking.

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
I've noticed that as well. Last 2 weekends going out, I've drank my fair share of wine or vodka/soda...and I barely ever drank. It's even had some aquaintences come up to me in the club and look concerned. Who knows, am I escaping? Am I trying to keep my worries at bay? probably, but these isssues are probably more suited for a psychiatrist of some sort

but only if I get the cool couch to lie down on.

soulbrother 10

TRIBE Member
Booze ... Blues ... Dues ... Lose. Been there - done that - and I've seen the damage done. You'll find me with the pot/marijuana appreciation crew.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I think it's because there is a transition phase between regular drug use and regular sobriety that needs to be cushioned by alcohol.

I drink on average once a week, sometimes less.
Each time is usually 2-4 drinks.
I know lots of people who drink 5+ times a week, 10+ drinks.

What's interesting is the dependence factor.
If someone were to say to me 'don't drink for a month' it would be a cake-walk. For many people I know that would be impossible.

Caz

TRIBE Member
i find that the more time passes, the less drunk I am getting. It's leaning more towards just "casual" drinking, albeit consistently. Kinda sucks actually, I can't remember the last time I was drunk, but i drink every weekend, usually both days.

I say we take it in the opposite direction. Let's all meet behind an elementary school with a case of Labatt Ice until one of us pukes, someone throws a garbage can through a window, and we all run away.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Skipper said:
I think it's because there is a transition phase between regular drug use and regular sobriety that needs to be cushioned by alcohol.
That's it precisely (at least for me). And weed certainly helps.

JAR

TRIBE Member
I just got home from all you can eat sushi and all you drink beer - I had at least four 600ml bottles of beer. but that's all for this week...I think.

it's hard not to drink a lot when alcohol is so fucking dirt cheap.

thom100

TRIBE Member
daddyiwantchocolate said:
. For many people I know that would be impossible.
I am going to try to tackle that question this month.
But I'm shooting even lower and seeing if 2 weeks is do-able.

But who am I kidding, I'll just change substances to weed , really just to give my liver a break.