• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Album Of 2003

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by smile
i'm defending him because you're hating on someone who is obviously more successful than yourself. he's successful for a reason, he's talented!

if (to use an example of someone you like) madlib's so damn talented, then where is he, other than in some white boy's backpack?

success doesn't just show up, there's got to be something there.
you're an idiot

maddog

TRIBE Member
I don't think Curt was hating on jay z at all , he was just was just sayin it waza weak effort this time around.I haven't even really bothered with it myself, Change Clothes is really a forgetable single. Dancefloor tune for the bithches? Sure , how long will it be before people forget it? I'ts mos def not in the same league as frontin thats for sure.

roojew

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by terrawrist III
would the jean grae LP count this year or last...it'd been noticed more this year so...I'll go with that one too!
If you're talking about The Bootleg of The Bootleg, it wasn't officially released until October so it would count for this year.

Nice call. ;)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sugar D
If you're talking about The Bootleg of The Bootleg, it wasn't officially released until October so it would count for this year.

Nice call. ;)
no...attack of the attacking things actually...I haven't even heard the bootleg ep as yet which is very discouraging...later tonight I'll check it

zorak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Juan Love
Hmmm...strong record yes...but I got hung up on the fact that it genearlly couldn't touch his last LP.
i like the first ep better too, but i wouldn't say it can't TOUCH it. c'maaaaaaaaaan. it's fucken hype. different but still hype.

Tech_Head_Rob

TRIBE Member
uh... while I've basically listened to basically zilch hip-hop in 2003 (including pretty much all of the one's mentioned here, but methinks I'm going to have to go on a Soulseek run after this post).

But I just downloaded 9th Wonder & Nas'- "God's Stepson" (is that the name of it? I forget, y'know, the remix album).... and wholly sheezy, its the early 90s all over again and Nas rules the world. Damn!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ninja
um*cough*cough* foxy brown,
:p
I'm all about acrobatik right now.
boston baby!...ive got a mean mr lif freestyle that clocks in at over 12 minutes w/akro and akbar you may be interested in...it's nuts!

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Baaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha! Funniest thread I have seen this year.

We need Vanilla Ice to be the guest referee!

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by smile
jay z - black album
gang starr - the ownerz
beatnuts - originators
The Ownerz? I swear if one more hip hop artist comes with an album that simply preaches how old school and how originators they are, I'm gonna shoot someone. I love Gangstar, but Ownerz fuck'en blew.

*c*

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KickIT
The Ownerz? I swear if one more hip hop artist comes with an album that simply preaches how old school and how originators they are, I'm gonna shoot someone. I love Gangstar, but Ownerz fuck'en blew.

*c*
cmon...respect due

it wasn't exactly sub-par at all although it's hard to compare to even their last LP...deadly habitz is one of my fav's of the year

Cameron

TRIBE Member
1. Madlib - Shades of Blue
2. People Under the Stairs - Or Stay Tuned
3. J-Boogie - Dubtronic Science

my top 3 albums of the year.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cameron
1. Madlib - Shades of Blue
2. People Under the Stairs - Or Stay Tuned
3. J-Boogie - Dubtronic Science

my top 3 albums of the year.
PUTS would def. be on my list too...they can do no wrong

I actually heard LA song on that "skin" show on fox during a pool party scene...crazy:D

jus me

TRIBE Member
Atmopshere - Seven's Travels
Beans - Tomorrow Right Now
Mr Dibbs - The 30th Song < turntablism

not in any particular order

zoo

TRIBE Member
My List of good stuff for 2003:

Buck 65 - Talkin' Honky Blues
Non Prophets - Hope
JayLib - Champion Sound
Sixtoo - Antagonist Survival Kit
Madlib - Shades Of Blue
Omid - Monolith
Aesop Rock - Bazooka Tooth
Atmosphere - Se7en's Travels
Dizzee Rascal - Boy In Da Corner
Prefuse 73 - onewordextinguisher
Viktor Vaughn - Welcome to ...
Ugly Duckling - Taste The Secret
Gangstarr - Ownerz

my favorites listed in bold

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
props for the beans!

some really strong out there shit this year..

lexoleum label had some good LP's this year(tes,boom bip,their own compilation,DM and jemini)
the beans album was good but the other APC MC's were well missed
dizze rascal was probably taked about more than any other MC this year...BTW did his LP win the mercury prize??