• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Album Of 2003

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Little Brother- The Listening

...when i first heard it I knew it would be,just my opinion though. i know Terra III will say the Murs joint,but I feel overall LB joint was tighter,whatever.


Peace
Curt Martin
 

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
no...not murs this year,he came out too early to even consider...in the last several months some MAJOR LPs dropped and simply dominated my world...props on the little brother,nobody made a better debut!...actually maybe Tes or brother Ali

for me this year was either about madlib or the VILLAIN!...tie for album of the year is vaudeville villain or JAYLIB...both took me for a ride!
 

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
both Jaylib and Little Brother get my votes.

Madlib- "Shades of Blue" was also up there. What a sick album.

Outkast should get mention too.
 

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sugar D
both Jaylib and Little Brother get my votes.

Madlib- "Shades of Blue" was also up there. What a sick album.

Outkast should get mention too.
for real there's TOO much to name here...I can easily list 30 this year...it was that kind of year...I was talking to my brother about this last night,most of the head turning shit I heard this year was from hip hop!...this truly was a groundbreaking year for indie/underground hip hop while the mainstream counterpart continues to lack substance(CMON fiddy is the biggest rapper on the planet!!??)...from autechre beats to taking it back to the native tongue days,this year proved that hip hop is very much alive and SCREAMING!(at least screaming to be heard)
 

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
Little Brother- The Listening

...when i first heard it I knew it would be,just my opinion though. i know Terra III will say the Murs joint,but I feel overall LB joint was tighter,whatever.


Peace
Curt Martin
yes. good choice. not great though upon listening to it a few more times, but a good choice in an otherwise weak year (imho)
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by smile
jay z - black album
gang starr - the ownerz
beatnuts - originators
Im sorry but the Black Album? Ownerz? Probably the weakest efforts this year.both of those artists could've come with more to the table than those weak offerings,just my opinion though.
 

Sketchstep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
Im sorry but the Black Album? Ownerz? Probably the weakest efforts this year.both of those artists could've come with more to the table than those weak offerings,just my opinion though.

Weak offering? The Black Album is the best thing to happen to hip hop this year. Go to any actual hip hop site and you'll see the impact this album has made. Seriously, explain to me how this album is weak? Lyrically Jay comes correct and the production is solid despite the two Neptunes tracks.

Fuck what ya heard

Dave
 

smile

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
Im sorry but the Black Album? Ownerz? Probably the weakest efforts this year.both of those artists could've come with more to the table than those weak offerings,just my opinion though.
i can't believe you're hating on gang starr, who are indeed ORIGINATORS in hip hop. primo is the only producer, in my opinion, to keep the same formula sounding fresh for years without getting stale. not even the neptunes can boast that.
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by smile
i can't believe you're hating on gang starr, who are indeed ORIGINATORS in hip hop. primo is the only producer, in my opinion, to keep the same formula sounding fresh for years without getting stale. not even the neptunes can boast that.
Oh,okay since I own every Gnagstarr album from 'Step Into The Arena' to 'The Ownerz' on vinyl id hardly said Im hating on them.That said I know that Primo and the Gifted Unlimited can come better than that,especially since how awesome 'Moment Of Truth' was.My comments are soley based on being a Gangstarr fan for over 12 years.As far as The 'Black album' goes I hardly consider it it anywhere near mediocre,when so much hype surrounds Lp as much as this one has and you come outta the gate with a weak ass single,as WEAK ASS single \,you gotta give your head a shake.Yet,'Threat' off that Lp is hype(9th Wonder of course).
 

smile

TRIBE Member
i liked 'change clothes', it's what it's supposed to be - a tune for the mamis in the clubs.

the bounce is back! sexy sexy...it's the groove! ha haaaaa
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by smile
i liked 'change clothes', it's what it's supposed to be - a tune for the mamis in the clubs.

the bounce is back! sexy sexy...it's the groove! ha haaaaa
regardless of it's intended audience,it still sucks.sorry dude,you've been took.
 

smile

TRIBE Member
whatever, you can hate on the man all you want, but the bottom line is that hov makes about ten times the scrills you'll see in your whole life, and no amount of you hating on a message board is gonna change that.
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Oooh ya,Scrills.go read your fucking Ebonics for Dummies jackoff. do I really care how much $$ Jay Z has,no,he's an artist and I judging his album on the basis of beats and rhymes not on his bank account,idiot.
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by smile
well, he makes better beats than YOU do, right?

that's where the $$$ comes from.
retard.you defend him like he's your boy,and you diss me for showing love to a friend,your lost homeboy.oy yeah,Jay z makes beats now?
 

smile

TRIBE Member
i'm defending him because you're hating on someone who is obviously more successful than yourself. he's successful for a reason, he's talented!

if (to use an example of someone you like) madlib's so damn talented, then where is he, other than in some white boy's backpack?

success doesn't just show up, there's got to be something there.
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by smile
i'm defending him because you're hating on someone who is obviously more successful than yourself. he's successful for a reason, he's talented!

if (to use an example of someone you like) madlib's so damn talented, then where is he, other than in some white boy's backpack?

success doesn't just show up, there's got to be something there.
the real loser is obviously you dude,face facts,you'll never be welcomed into this game your an outsider.I have respect for Jay z and Madlib as artists,your into hip-hop for image and nothing else.
 

smile

TRIBE Member
ahahaha

you speak as if you're somehow part of "this game".

yeah that big hip hop scene in WHITBY! go buddy!

call me when you get out of your parents basement, then we can talk.
 

smile

TRIBE Member
well, you're acting like some little 19 year old wigger kid, pardon me if i mistook you for a suburban white thug wannabe.
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
funny to call me out as a thug wannabe,roca wearing bitch.made any black friends for some cred yet?
 

smile

TRIBE Member
haha there's maybe 2 black people in my entire town, and they're both tourists.

i don't need "cred" to impress people.

and i don't own any roca wear eaither...i haven't seen an athlete's world in about 6 months.
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
bullshit,I could see you coming a mile away with your silver plated GUnit necklace,and flea market Phat farm sweats.
 
Top