• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Airport taxi recommendations?

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Anyone get cabs out to the airport on a regular basis?
Need one that is 100% reliable and will take plastic.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
If there's more than one of you, the airport limo is a good deal.

Then there is the lishman, or whatever it's really called... Last time I took it, it was $60, but that was from Waterloo.

Additionally, most of the hotels have a taxi service going cheap to the airport.. but they may not be going at a time which is necessarily convenient for you
-jM
A&D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Or, for $2.75, you can take Toronto's public transit directly to the airport like every other civilized city in the world.

-jM
A&D

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jeffsus
Or, for $2.75, you can take Toronto's public transit directly to the airport like every other civilized city in the world.

-jM
A&D
I've done that every other time I've gone to the airport...company is paying this time so I'm not bothering with the hassle.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
I've done that every other time I've gone to the airport...company is paying this time so I'm not bothering with the hassle.
Actually I thought I was making a joke because I figured that there isn't any transit service to the airport.

Or do you mean a bus or something?

Anyways, every taxi takes credit cards and any taxi will be able to get you there as well as any other taxi can or can't. Just take a taxi! They have a flat rate to the airport.

-jM
A&D

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jeffsus
Actually I thought I was making a joke because I figured that there isn't any transit service to the airport.
Getting to the airport via transit was surprisingly easy when I finally tried it out. Once you get to the Kipling station it's about a 10-15 minute bus ride straight there.

Sure beats the $35 cab rides.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Yup, it is a pretty easy route by TTC to the airport. Subway to kipling and then there's a bus every 20 mins that is direct to pearson. I have to be there at 7 so I don't really feel like taking it tomorrow.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

futronic

TRIBE Member
Airline Limousine - 416-675-6383. I use them whenever I'm going to the airport, and our company does the same when our employees or guests are going to/from.

Rates are flat, and you can look at the cost from your part of Toronto by going to the GTAA website. Click on transportation and then click on east Toronto Limo Tariffs (or something like that).

-- Jay aka Fut

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by futronic
Airline Limousine - 416-675-6383. I use them whenever I'm going to the airport, and our company does the same when our employees or guests are going to/from.

Rates are flat, and you can look at the cost from your part of Toronto by going to the GTAA website. Click on transportation and then click on east Toronto Limo Tariffs (or something like that).

-- Jay aka Fut
I use this company too. I've compared rates several times and continue using them. they are very reliable. and if you want to take them home from the airport too, they will give you a 1-800 number to call from where you pick up your luggage so that they'll be waiting for you at one of the numbered columns when you get outside.

my company uses a car service called Cullitons, so when i travel on business that's who i use. This is not a cheaper company than the one above, but I definitely also recommend their services.
416-495-1900 http://www.cullitons.com/

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders