• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Air Canada SUCKS!

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
I booked a flight for an dj (dont worry not mat the alien he is on his plane set to land shortly) to come in and he is sitting in the airport because they overbooked all flights! Doesn't it make sense that if you run out of seats YOU STOP FUCKING SELLING TICKETS?
AHHHHHHHH Im so pissed

They cant even get him here till tomorrow. No biggie he will be here in time for the show but there was an event we were supposed to attend tonight and now thats off. FUCK FUCK FUCK STUPID AIRLINES (just venting)

juice

TRIBE Member
They also suck for the fact that after sitting in the airplane on the runway for 3 1/2 hours while they de-ice the plane and then waiting for everything to clear still want to charge you $1 for a blanket and pillow. Way to be on top of customer service there. I mean seriously if there is ever a time to let $1 slide that'd probably be it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hipsterave
I booked a flight for an dj (dont worry not mat the alien he is on his plane set to land shortly) to come in and he is sitting in the airport because they overbooked all flights! Doesn't it make sense that if you run out of seats YOU STOP FUCKING SELLING TICKETS?
My grandfather's trying to get to Winnipeg for his brother's funeral. He's a retired Air Canada employee, so he has a flight pass, but he still has to check availability online and indicate which flight he'd like to take (they then allocate any free seats to passholders based on their status). Almost every flight this weekend is overbooked, and those that aren't already have higher status passholders in front of him... poor guy. Looks like there's one or two that might do, but even those are dicey.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Yes but they have strange cabins that look like this now:

Seat_cabin_view.jpg

Par- T

TRIBE Member
That sucks, to avoid that in the future, do advance seat selection and check-in early or on-line.

Not defending AC but ....

All airlines overbook flights! They do it to cover for no-shows, that way they don't have a plane flying half empty due to a bunch of people who don't show up and decide to go at another time.

-T

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
ya... I've never had anything but good experiences with them.. both flying myself and flying artists into town.

shit jsut sometimes happens... what can you do..

Kiera

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by juice
They also suck for the fact that after sitting in the airplane on the runway for 3 1/2 hours while they de-ice the plane and then waiting for everything to clear still want to charge you $1 for a blanket and pillow. Way to be on top of customer service there. I mean seriously if there is ever a time to let $1 slide that'd probably be it.

Since when do they charge for a blanket? When I flew with them in January they didnt charge me for anything and I had 2 blankies and 2 pillows because whoever was sopposed to sit beside me decided to sit in the middle rows. Woo hoo!

Now BMI however. Theyre shit. On the flight from London to Belfast they charge you for juice and they dont give you any sort of snacks for free. I think they stopped giving out free snacks about a year ago. Greedy gits!

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
didnt flights decide to stop giving out snacks altogether, and any sort of meal. great strategy for luring cutsomers....NO NUTS FOR YOU

Lovely N Amazin

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Kiera
Since when do they charge for a blanket? When I flew with them in January they didnt charge me for anything and I had 2 blankies and 2 pillows because whoever was sopposed to sit beside me decided to sit in the middle rows. Woo hoo!

were you flying overseas? i think they now charge for flights within NA.

and wtf with that design, all those curves ... snakes on a plane?

salad

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by coleridge
Yeah they are the new lie flat sleeper executive/first class seats.
They've had that on British Airways for at least 10 years now (slightly different layout). $10,000 per ticket though to go from Toronto to London (roundtrip).

kmac

TRIBE Member
I like Air Canada, and the planes they have with the individual screens on the back of the chairs are dope. They have an almost TMN On Demand thing, where you can watch whatever movies, TV shows, news programs you want. Video games and music too.

I'm flying with them in April and really, really hope I get one of these planes.

zee

TRIBE Member
^yeah I just flew on one of those this past weekend.. so dope

it was a pretty small plane so i think it's geared for more business/shorter flights?
all the businessmen on the plane with me instantly turned into 10 year old boys with it

kmac

TRIBE Member
I had one of them on a trip from Vancouver to Toronto, only one way though.

I watched the UK version of The Office and laughed so hard everyone wanted to know what I was watching. Anyway, the four or five hours just flew by (yuk yuk).

sohaness

TRIBE Member
i had no idea that they charged you for food and snacks...i flew from vancouver the other week and they didnt offer anything. a peanut, a cracker, nothing!!

steve.

SJN

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hipsterave
AHHHHHHHH Im so pissed

They cant even get him here till tomorrow. No biggie he will be here in time for the show but there was an event we were supposed to attend tonight and now thats off. FUCK FUCK FUCK STUPID AIRLINES (just venting)

all airlines overbook....it's standard practice in the industry, not just an AC thing

depraved

TRIBE Member
Wah wah wah, crybabies. The days of free food & drink are over. If you get on a flight w/o whatever you wanna drink or eat, expect to be charged, & expect it to be as shit as shit is shitty. Bring a sweater, hoodie or whatever, in case there's no blankets to be had or if you're too damn cheap to pay a buck or whatever. Would you rather they raise the price of your ticket? Nobody rides for free; nobody really ever did.
Check in early for your flight or expect to be bumped. (I'm curious, how far ahead of gate time did the dj check in for his boarding card?). Blaming AC is as easy as it is cliché.