• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Air Canada Seat Sale fly before April

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
That's before taxes and fees and surcharges though.
$254 = $400
That's what I was thinking... I was looking into taking the plane to Ottawa for Christmas, and the price was about $200 for 2 round trip tickets before taxes and surcharges... closer to $400 by the time you tacked on all the extra fees.

Needless to say, we took the bus (which cost us just under $200 total).

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by the Doctor
If anyone's hitting up Miami this year, right now round trip through Air Canada is $254.
True... but if you look, the only departure dates they have available are Mar 1 - 3... the Conference starts on the 6th.

+ with the surcharges and taxes...

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
Grrrrrrrrrr i hate air canada. They charged me over 700 to get to calgary over xmas on a non direct flight. They then mixed up our bags with the international flights and we had to wait for over an hour for them to sort it out. Its all about West Jet.

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
I love how for the Canadian cities, there are tons of flights on the sales page coming INTO Toronto, but none LEAVING Toronto (at least none of the ones I looked at). Waddup wit dat?

Oh well... I'd probably be better off going to PEI after April 2 anyway... It would still be pretty damn cold at that time of year.

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
Cruise Port sounds like a gay bar.
did you see that movie with cuba gooding jr.? him and his buddy are straight, and somehow they end up on a gay cruise. it's funny!

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I'm paying between 800-1000 for round trip airfare to miami plus hotel... nice hotel to... right on the beach and fairly close to all the action. going on the 5th coming back on the 11th

ethnik

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Silvershadow
I love how for the Canadian cities, there are tons of flights on the sales page coming INTO Toronto, but none LEAVING Toronto (at least none of the ones I looked at). Waddup wit dat?

Oh well... I'd probably be better off going to PEI after April 2 anyway... It would still be pretty damn cold at that time of year.
the reason for that is that Toronto is their major hub for all international and US flights. they are hoping to stimulate travel elsewhere with domestic seat sales.

besides, the first 2-3 months of the year are always a downturn for airlines, so you will probably be seeing these seat sales last longer or get cheaper. if you want a couple of eye openers, check out the Jetsgo website. $29 one way to montreal before taxes and surcharges! absolutely ridiculous.

mike

ethnik

TRIBE Member
oh and btw, air canada is the devil. and westjet, while they have low low fares, treats it's employees like garbage.

there are no good airlines in canada anymore (save for a few small regional ones....and for all you ontario peeps who travel#live in secondary communities, watch out for a new player in 2004#2005 called Val Air, who will be taking up all the routes to smaller communities that Air Canada and it's regional affiliates are underservicing and/or price gouging)

mike

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

futronic

TRIBE Member
Rob,

Slim to None. Has Air Canada reinstated their direct flights to New Orleans? I had to make a connection in Chicago last summer. Airfare after surcharges and taxes was less than $500, so it was pretty good. I ended up on a code-share and flew United (booked through AC).

-- Jay aka Fut

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Silvershadow
That's what I was thinking... I was looking into taking the plane to Ottawa for Christmas, and the price was about $200 for 2 round trip tickets before taxes and surcharges... closer to $400 by the time you tacked on all the extra fees.

Needless to say, we took the bus (which cost us just under $200 total).
Wow that's REALLY expensive. My girlfriend flew JetsGo to Ottawa over Christmas for .... $82 return. That was EVERYTHING in, after taxes.