• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

After five years of loving this track..and never knowing the name of it

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Ok so here is the history of this tune.

Summer 1999, just before WEMF, my girlfriend at the time and I are staying at a hotel on Kingston Road. We had just come back from somewhere (I forget where....some club anyways) at about 4:30 am.

Of course I throw on 100.7 to see what they were playing.

At that point I had never "really" heard trance before, I was into Jungle and House, so I wasn't really exposed to much trance, this was before the trance explosion.
Then I just remember hearing these beautiful sounds coming from that old boombox......first thing I did was grab a tape...pop it in...and record.

Three trance tunes in consecutive order, just as the sun was breaking, right before Global Groove became Chin again at 5am.

These three tunes, man, the most powerful music I had ever heard in my life at that point.

For some reason, I never heard any of them at any of the following years of partying.

Only once, on a Madame Zu tape, did I hear it again, still no ID however.

Five years later, I am clicking around on Trance Addict, some kid posted up a Mark E.G. set from 98 wanting some track ID's.

Guess what the last song on the set was?

Yup....twas the best one out of the three.

DJ Mind-X
Nightingale.

I finally know....almost 5 years later!

One down, two to go!

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
thanks!

;)

Im on a roll, so maybe the heads on here can help me with tune # 2

Vocal sample: "It's that sound that pounds your senses...."

lots of nice synths to follow.

:)

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
well the roll continues.

With Soulseek as my assistant, I now know the second tune was "Kiss that sound" by Pulsedriver.

:D

What a great day!

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
well, it's the song alright, although not the mix I am looking for. Every one I download is some UK hardhouse bastardization of the original?

Hmmm..

I guess Ill keep looking, at least now I know what it is called!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

slingshot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by green_souljah
thanks!

;)

Im on a roll, so maybe the heads on here can help me with tune # 2

Vocal sample: "It's that sound that pounds your senses...."

lots of nice synths to follow.

:)

I believe it is Pulsedriver IV - Kiss that Sound

ss

oops ^ just noticed your next post. Try Downloading Gatecrasher - Red disc 2 - its on there
http://www.discogs.com/release/100113