• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Advice please: :management stratagies for working at job you didint like

swilly

TRIBE Member
So I am currently working at this job where I can stand my co-workers and well the job is pretty crap but the money is so wicked( I saved 1200 last month) i cant quit just yet. So basically, i need to advice from people on how to deal with such a situation. Like basically, at a max i will do this for 4 months but sometimes i just feel like packing it up right now because of how much i hate it. But i know I should stay here, so just need some ways of dealing with it.
So far i have been exercising tonnes and trying to eat super healthy treat myself to any expensive foods i want l with the money i have been making to at least create a reward for my suffering.

Any other tips are appreciated. I am sure some of us have worked at a crappy summer job before but did it for the money.

I just need some ways of making it through to august or june at least.

swilly bored san

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

swilly

TRIBE Member
I should add as well the social environment i am in sucks as well so there is not even social outlet here to make up for the money.
sigh
swilly

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
I'm in a similar situation myself...and stuck here til the end of January. It's not a horrible job but boring, and so far removed from anything I care about it's not even funny.

I have a countdown going. Take the date you plan on quitting, subtract weekends, stat holidays and vacations days if you have them. Then you've got the number of days in that 4 months you actually have to work & maybe it's not so bad. The end of jan seems a million miles away to me right now but 182 more days of work doesn't seem so bad.

Also for me, being on top of keeping track of what I'm saving and what bills I'm paying off helps to keep me motivated that I'm moving towards my goals.

And lastly, make the most of the time you're not at work. Like you said, exercise, treat yourself to things here & there, do whatever you enjoy doing when you're not there.

Signed,
In the same boat :)

swilly

TRIBE Member
the gatekeeper said:
I'm in a similar situation myself...and stuck here til the end of January. It's not a horrible job but boring, and so far removed from anything I care about it's not even funny.

I have a countdown going. Take the date you plan on quitting, subtract weekends, stat holidays and vacations days if you have them. Then you've got the number of days in that 4 months you actually have to work & maybe it's not so bad. The end of jan seems a million miles away to me right now but 182 more days of work doesn't seem so bad.

Also for me, being on top of keeping track of what I'm saving and what bills I'm paying off helps to keep me motivated that I'm moving towards my goals.

And lastly, make the most of the time you're not at work. Like you said, exercise, treat yourself to things here & there, do whatever you enjoy doing when you're not there.

Signed,
In the same boat :)
Glad i am not the only one. Cheers to toughing it out.
Your suggestions are good. I am going to actually work out the days until i am gone

swilly

Last edited:

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
swilly said:
Glad i am not the only one. Cheers to toughing it out.
Your suggestions are good. I am going to actually work out the days.

swilly
Glad to help! :) I know it isn't easy working at something you don't like but if it's temporary and only a means to an end, it'll be worth it down the line.

swilly

TRIBE Member
the gatekeeper said:
Glad to help! :) I know it isn't easy working at something you don't like but if it's temporary and only a means to an end, it'll be worth it down the line.

sigh I know. I think that probably the biggest difference between us is that I live with my co workers who I dont like. which makes it tough but....cest la vie. 90 more days to go.

swilly

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swilly

TRIBE Member
Subsonic Chronic said:
one more vote for "quit your whining".

(I can't believe I still open these threads)
whatever, you try being bored and surrounded by dicks at work, at home and at the gym.

When your company puts you and your co workers all in the same apartment and apartment complex it sucks.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I think that even if you were a judge at a blowjob competition you would find a way to complain.

"What, no titty-fucking? BULLSHIT!"

swilly

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
I think that even if you were a judge at a blowjob competition you would find a way to complain.

"What, no titty-fucking? BULLSHIT!"

hahah ok that is good

swilly

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
try to get satisfaction out of doing a good job, producing the kind of quality work you can be proud of while you're there. that's what i'm doing. i figure ill feel so much better for it at the end, and when i tell them to take this job and shove it (in much nicer terms than that haha), i'll feel certain that they'll miss me wayyyyyy more than if i did a crap job in my final months.

having said that, i've been going crazy here, complaining a ton at home (my bf can't wait till i get a new job) and have been interviewing ... it's looking good ... I should be outta here in a matter of weeks now. that helps too. :)