• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Advice from GoPro users: which model should I get?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Since I will be doing some serious treasure hunting this winter in SA and probably Mauritius as well, I was hoping to shoot some video of the process of metal detecting while I am in the ocean or on the beaches.

I have seen a lot of video by fellow metal detectorists, most of it mediocre, and I was wondering how to make mine better. I was thinking of buying a GoPro to take with me to get shots in the surf and perhaps underwater if I do any snorkeling or diving but I don't know what model to get.

GoPro seems to have a bunch of different models and I don't necessarily want 'the most expensive or newest model, but one that works best for what I will be doing.

Can any of you who own GoPros give me advice on which model to get?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I would love to take a drone but I have enough gear to lug around as is. Also, I would need another person to fly it while I am in the water.

I am look to self-shoot video while I am in heavy surf.

acheron

TRIBE Member
get whatever the base model is at the moment.. also get a pole mount so you can attach it to your scoop or the detector itself and a chest mount... then you can walk around and do your thing.

If you want to do more action stuff you can attach a mount to a square board and sit it in the water on the bottom as you sweep your detector around or start scooping.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
get whatever the base model is at the moment.. also get a pole mount so you can attach it to your scoop or the detector itself and a chest mount... then you can walk around and do your thing.

If you want to do more action stuff you can attach a mount to a square board and sit it in the water on the bottom as you sweep your detector around or start scooping.
There seems to be different base models...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories