• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

ads that you like

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
All right there's a ton of annoying ads out there which proves that the collective conscience is at an all time dumb, or that marketing execs are completely out of touch with reality.

But there's the odd ad that comes out that makes you laugh or want to try a product. What are they?

Ads that make me laugh:

-The one where the kid is on his bed in his filthy room, and his mom is about to come in and give him shit before some chemical spray the kid used hits her nose and instead of yelling she says "smells nice in here!"

The look on the kids face after cracks me up every time. Chubby and freckled, and this expression like "wtf did you smoke?" Simple, but cracks me up every time.

-I also LOVE the smartie commercial where the blonde girl in study hall takes all of nerd boys smarties. How hot is that blonde???

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
haha that little gecko isn't it? I admit I love the animation and voiceover in that.

deep: yeah. It was a long hard winter. But it solidified how stupid I think most of it is.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

deevah

TRIBE Member
definitely the tim hortons one w/ the guy speaking in french w/ the normalized english subtitles - fucking brilliant

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
The one for some restaurant where the typical Dad is eating with his family. He peruses the menu and says "I think I'll have the updog", to which his daughter replies "What's updog?". The Dad then whips out "Nothing much G, whatsup whichyoo?!?!"

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I think the DQ commercial where they're sharing the blizzard is pretty funny

you did this to me!!!!!!

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
AGF - What are you doing after work - was pretty good in the FI sector
VW
AXE
Century 21 - Agents of Change ads

just to name a few

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I cry dead iraqi babies every time I see a car ad (which is every commercial break) with a car/SUV cruising with NO traffic. Because in reality that never happens.

deep

TRIBE Member
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
The one for some restaurant where the typical Dad is eating with his family. He peruses the menu and says "I think I'll have the updog", to which his daughter replies "What's updog?". The Dad then whips out "Nothing much G, whatsup whichyoo?!?!"
ahahaha

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
there was an ad during the superbowl for (i think) american airlines.
dude's walking thru an office w/ lots of cubicles & partitions, then flips out all of a sudden and starts running in a straight line, leaping over desks/partitions/people while taking the most direct route towards the exit.
very funny, like this --> haha

natureboy

TRIBE Member
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
I like that one too. It's amazing how easy that trick works! People usually say " what the fuck's that?" so i don't say anything and then they usually end up saying "WHAT'S UPDOG?"

watanabee

TRIBE Member
I like the ad on TV for Dyslexia. The one with the song about "when dog is god and god is a dog, and you don't don't know whether to bark or prey"..or something along those lines. Hilarious.

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Boss Hog said:
haha that little gecko isn't it? I admit I love the animation and voiceover in that.

deep: yeah. It was a long hard winter. But it solidified how stupid I think most of it is.
haha I love the Gecko. "Its punch and pie, who doesn't like punch and pie?"

The up dog is good too.

My favorite right now is the VW "unpimp your auto" commericials though, makes me laugh way too hard.

d.code

TRIBE Member
There are these awsome Milk comercials done in CG with Cavemen. It usually features a caveman with pop or chips or something that dies because he dosnt have strong milk bones. Funny shit I say.

I think its a series of ads that never made it to TV but found its way around the interweb.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
The pepsi one with Jimmy Fallon

I like that Zellers one with the animation of growing flowers and the song "bird song... can you life me... up from....". And I like that Old Navy naturals one, I dance along every time ;)

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Poot said:
Whiskas - "No meat, no Hubert"

And I don't even like cats.
Oh yeah thats a good one too! I read about the series and want to see the one with the guy acting like a kitten and climbing the drapes!

Haha I think I like commercials more than the shows on TV these days.

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
The diet pepsi one where the dad busts out the ghetto blaster and starts breaking at the wedding. I laugh way too hard every time.

Chaos

TRIBE Member
The add with all the people doing crazy stunts, it's for deodorant I think...

Love the scene with the guy 'catching' the cab.

c.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
that commercial would've been ruined if she was like "what's an updog" lol

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I noticed everybody is talking about television ads....

more often than not, print ads are the most clever.

but here are some cool ones, of all different genres from that site I posted above.