• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Admin Notice: New Board Software

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there:

Thanks to the marvelous technical skillz of Heliox, the operating system and fixins has been upgraded. The board software has also been upgraded to the next version.

Many of you, who have been through previous version upgrades, know how different looking a new version can be. You'll get accustomed to it. This version is a complete re-write and will be easier on your phones, and faster and more stable.

There still has to be some tweaks done to the templates and stuff, but the most important functionality is in place.

Cutting and pasting media urls is not working properly just yet. There is an add-on for this, and we are trying to get it to work.

If anything else is not working for you, drop me an email or post in this thread if you can.

Thanks for being a part of TRIBE,

alexd

Last edited:

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
OK, the cutting and pasting of media URLS should work now. We are using the latest list of sites so it should be comprehensive.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The twitter one is not working for me, but you may have luck posting twitter threads...

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The cut and paste media from a twitter post may not be visible to you if you run an ad blocker or tracking blocker.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
I can no longer click on the last page of a thread if viewing the Board on my phone and holding the phone vertically. I can see the other pages if holding the phone horizontally. Hopefully, this can be fixed.

I am using Safari on iPhone X.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure what you mean, but this button at the top will take you there:

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Hi Alex, there's an issue with the editor. When you try to add an image using the icon, an error message is displayed. However, adding via BB code is fine.

Here is what I did:
1. Click on landscape icon.
2. Paste in text: https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/f1e656ad7c661cccfcc7e3cb6baff24dfbe402f0/0_19_2200_1320/master/2200.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=format&fit=max&dpr=2&s=e3f8fb0b371a630c9a98510e977992be
3. The browser doesn't display an error message, but nothing happens and no image is added.
4. Turn on BB code and add the markup in, save and noted it displays fine in the Trump thread (the Morpheus meme I posted today).

Last edited:

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I can't replicate that error. It is important to know that you can't upload images to our servers. I made a decision not to host images on our servers many years ago to make migrations and upgrades easier. What this means is that the only way to display an image here is to embed a link - the image is hosted elsewhere on sites that are not owned or operated by tribe.

Because of this, when you click the landscape picture icon to add a picture, the drive upload icon probably does nothing.
Dropping your link onto the upload square may not work either. The link icon is the one to use to embed the image.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Hi Alex, only one icon shows for me when I click on the landscape icon, and it is the "By URL" link icon. I paste in the URL for the image, and click Insert, and then nothing happens. Confirmed that nothing is being blocked by my browser. This is Mac/Safari.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Alex, only one icon shows for me when I click on the landscape icon, and it is the "By URL" link icon. I paste in the URL for the image, and click Insert, and then nothing happens. Confirmed that nothing is being blocked by my browser. This is Mac/Safari.
Let me see if I can replicate this with a member account and not my admin account.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I can't replicate that error. It is important to know that you can't upload images to our servers. I made a decision not to host images on our servers many years ago to make migrations and upgrades easier. What this means is that the only way to display an image here is to embed a link - the image is hosted elsewhere on sites that are not owned or operated by tribe.

Because of this, when you click the landscape picture icon to add a picture, the drive upload icon probably does nothing.
Dropping your link onto the upload square may not work either. The link icon is the one to use to embed the image.
Is the issue on this https vs http?

Same issue here: https://scontent.fybz2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/67642736_892132841167248_2784457762199830528_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQmqWvHuvQrtpl4-gwudT7l2lJUFZPeZ2ypRB3M7loSdRD2ByNizsCFnGkfumjxC_ts&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.fna&oh=37f71da7a2b98cedbbcad670f98177c0&oe=5DE902A2

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Try posting a non-facebook hosted image. Random picture from internet (not facebook). Above was posted using image icon and flyout URL form.

Since we are blocking facebook trackers and advertising across tribe, this may impact the ability to post facebook hosted images. The fbcdn in your image tag indicates facebook is hosting those images..

alexd

Administrator
Staff member