1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Admin Notice - Board software upgrade ongoing

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Jun 13, 2019.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Hi fellow tribers.

We will be doing a significant board software upgrade this weekend, moving to the next generation of xenforo.

Also, core operating system components have to be upgraded in order to upgrade the board software.

There will be some downtime while this happens.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

2. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

Is there a way to enable photobucket, giphy, and any other big Link providers

3. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

Do you know when this will happen?

4. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

probably this weekend.

5. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

6. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  7. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

8. alexd

I don't know exactly when this weekend it will happen, it depends on Heliox's availability. I am not sure yet about the features of the new software. Link importation is controlled by a plugin with the current software and I don't know if it is native in the new version. There may be plugins with a wider spectrum of link identification which we can get to add those additional link types in the new version.

9. alexd

More updates.

The next generation of this board software is significantly different. It is mobile first and a complete re-write.

So to avoid problems we are just going to do the operating system upgrade on the servers this weekend. We are going to test the board upgrade on a test database and tweak the settings so when we finally use the real database it will be a smoother operation.

As to an earlier question from Bernie about being able to embed additional link providers, the new board software has much of that natively built in, but it may not work with every source.

Bernnie Federko likes this.
  10. alexd

What isn't built in, we can probably get plugins for.

It will be a bit different at first, as is the case with every major board upgrade. Please be patient while we configure it. Thanks!

Bernnie Federko likes this.
  11. alexd

Our upgrades are taking longer than expected, but it is important to get them right.

praktik and Bernnie Federko like this.