• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Adaptation - A MUST see

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
Another movie you guys should just not miss is "ADAPTATION".
Its movies like these that are worth watching more then once.

Zigg'

Watch Fudoh or any Takeshi Miike film. You will watch it multiple times and get something new out of it

and probably be shellshocked by the wtf endings he tacks on to them.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
I have it on dvd. It's been sitting on the pile of unwatched movies for some time now. Maybe this weekend I'll get to it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
One thing I want to mention, is that initially I thought cage's twin brother was actually his alter ego, another side to him where he expreses a different side of his creative abilities, his other thoughts that he doesn't apply to his movie about the Orchid. Then out of the blue it was mentioned it was in fact his twin brother :D

I gotta see it again, maybe I was just tired, I watched it at 4am this morning when I got back from the bar, had my Sony headphones on (nice and loud, really basey) Those car accidents really made me jump though! :eek: Makes you feel like he's in your head with headphones, something surround sound and speakers just cant do.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rowla
no, the other guy won an oscar though.
i don't remember his name.

Chris Cooper...he also won the Golden Globe and Meryl won a GG too. It won, and was nominated for, many other awards internationally.

So not overlooked awards-wise but it was at the box office...'course, it's a little too "weird" for the average filmgoer who would rather see a Vin Diesel or Adam Sandler flick.

~jen

voytek

TRIBE Member
as much as it was an interesting idea it still kinda didn't go anywhere for me. yes, i 'got it', but I didn't think of it as anything spectacular. kinda like the Royal Tannenbaums in that respect...

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
I read a study that indicated that the difference between lower primates and humans is that humans understand and enjoy recursion.

If you didn't like Adaptation, it's probably because you are a lower primate.

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by PosTMOd

If you didn't like Adaptation, it's probably because you are a lower primate.

i have this new kind of material with quite interesting properties. would you be interested in a new outfit?

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJ CLUSTER
One thing I want to mention, is that initially I thought cage's twin brother was actually his alter ego, another side to him where he expreses a different side of his creative abilities, his other thoughts that he doesn't apply to his movie about the Orchid. Then out of the blue it was mentioned it was in fact his twin brother :D

you had it right the first time around.
charlie kaufman doesnt have a twin brother. they put the "in memory of" in the credits to fuck with you.
this movie is one of my all-time favourite flicks, its so fucking clever.
some people fault it for being so self-referential, but i think thats one of the things that i love the most about it.

Adam

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
charlie kaufman doesnt have a twin brother. they put the "in memory of" in the credits to fuck with you.

I seem to recall that it marked the first time a fictional person was ever nominated for an Oscar as well.

alcid

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by voytek
as much as it was an interesting idea it still kinda didn't go anywhere for me. yes, i 'got it', but I didn't think of it as anything spectacular. kinda like the Royal Tannenbaums in that respect...
I agree. I thought it was way over hyped. Sure it was clever, but it wasn't the mind-blowing experience everyone said it was. Anyone who thinks the idea of recursion in everyday life like that is totally mind blowing simply hasn't done enough acid. :p

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
I hated Nicolas Cage up until I saw this movie.

I'm sure the next role I see him will make me hate him again.