• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Actors and their opinions.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Why is it that actors and other sorts of celebrities feel the need to share their opinions about stuff, and think that we care?
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
because they have an impressionable audience.

is it really that different from legendary musicians telling us to give peace a chance? or bono championing the fight against AIDS in africa? or public enemy telling us that 911 is a joke?

some actors are fantastic political spokespeaple.
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
because they have an impressionable audience.

is it really that different from legendary musicians telling us to give peace a chance? or bono championing the fight against AIDS in africa? or public enemy telling us that 911 is a joke?

some actors are fantastic political spokespeaple.


but most are delusional egomaniacs.
 

Jennika

TRIBE Member
actors are asked all the time what their opnions are... by the press and fans. They constant asked and are expected to have a sound-bite about everything from the Iraq war to janet jackson's nipple.

so they think people want to know what they think. and I agree with Will, many are great spokespeople... even though some (like James Woods) I want to beat with a spiked club whenever they starts talking.
 

scruffy1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by marcinm
Why is it that actors and other sorts of celebrities feel the need to share their opinions about stuff, and think that we care?

for the same reason that you do
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JMan

TRIBE Member
Most people have opinions and in the case of actors, theirs get distributed far and wide due to demand... it goes away when you stop listening.
 

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Call me crazy, but I'm leaning towards Bono actually knowing what he's talking about and putting his money where his mouth is.

You can't paint all celebrities with the same brush.
 

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I admire Sean Penn for what he's done re: the Iraq war...he put his life and career on the line and received so much "patriotic" abuse for it.

If I was a celeb and felt that strongly about something, I would get involved...I would have the platform and the visibility to bring more attention to it. I don't think celebs should be dissuaded from being involved in political/social causes because they're famous...in many cases it helps the cause.

~jen
 

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Yeah wouldn't be nice if some idiot like Eminem actually considered saying something meaningful for once?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
but most are delusional egomaniacs.

haha

does anyone actually care what actors have to say? i only care about one thing - if they can act. i most certainly don't care about their personal opinions or how they live their lives.
 

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rejenerate
If I was a celeb and felt that strongly about something, I would get involved...I would have the platform and the visibility to bring more attention to it. I don't think celebs should be dissuaded from being involved in political/social causes because they're famous...in many cases it helps the cause.

~jen

totally,

the average person can't necessarily reach such a large demographic to have thier opinion/thoughts/ideas heard.

It doesn't have to be about convincing people to take sides and agree with them as much as it is just making you think abou things from a different perspective

I think it's great that celebs speak up and pulicly give their p.o.v. whether I agree with them or not.

How did this come up? I was watching a show last night that was discussing the same thing.
 

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
This is strangely timely, as last night while I was doing dishes nad dancing around singing along to the Pogues And Th eBand Played Walting Mathilda I was thinking about starting a thread devoted to anti-war songs.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
i rarely even want to hears actors opinions on acting,have you ever heard that shit? my god.


It depends on if you're talking about Martin Sheen or Paris Hilton.
 

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by OhNo!
i rarely even want to hears actors opinions on acting,have you ever heard that shit? my god.

I'm so fucking Method it hurts!

And that creep who does the interviews on Actors Studio is so fucking obsequious I want to slap him, except that would involve physical contact and I just might catch it.
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lysistrata
I'm so fucking Method it hurts!

And that creep who does the interviews on Actors Studio is so fucking obsequious I want to slap him, except that would involve physical contact and I just might catch it.

that show is so desparate,they actually had the cast of 'will&grace' on it-P...LEASE!
 

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
this is the way i see it:
-when a stupid, ignorant celeb spouts off about their opinions, its annoying.
-when a smart, well-informed celeb spouts off about their opinions, it can go 2 ways:
either i love it if its something i believe in and support (like Bono and the Jubilee debt relief stuff) or i hate it when its something i denounce (like when celebs throw republican rallies)

just being honest.
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
this is the way i see it:
-when a stupid, ignorant celeb spouts off about their opinions, its annoying.
-when a smart, well-informed celeb spouts off about their opinions, it can go 2 ways:
either i love it if its something i believe in and support (like Bono and the Jubilee debt relief stuff) or i hate it when its something i denounce (like when celebs throw republican rallies)

just being honest.

i think that's a good way to look at it.

they shouldn't automatically be denounced just because they are actors. actors can have smart (or stupid) opinions just like everyone else. it's what is being said that's important, not who's saying it.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top