1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Activate Wednesday's Aug 27 Review

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Jon Tremblay, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Jon Tremblay

Jon Tremblay TRIBE Member

On behalf of the Activate crew and myself we would like to thank all those that made it out. Red Turtle did not dissapoint and had an amazing set, he truly deserved to spin that night. Then we had Matt Coleridge break out from his cage, which had the crowd dancing and lossing control non stop.....stellar performance. Then my resident partner Serge Theriault made his debut at Element and rocked it t'ill the very end.

What did you guys think?

2. DJ Doublecross

DJ Doublecross TRIBE Member

Great night! I got there at 11:30 and it was rammed!

I'll definitely be back.

Rob

3. noodle

noodle TRIBE Member

I came into Element in a real poopy mood...I was already a little drunk and kind of wanted to go home to sleep. Thankfully I was talked into staying...what a fun little night out.

Red Turtle...THANK YOU!!!! You turned my mood around and got me dancing...you've definetly got impressive skills (can't wait to listen to the CD!!!). Breaks reign supreme!!!!

Matt Coleridge...I'm REALLY digging your style lately...just when I thought my love for progressive was wanning, you got me moving to it again.

I stayed for a bit of Serge Theriault...but I just had to call it a night at that point. But trust me...I had to pry myself away.

And of course...the $2 drinks...where the hell have you been all my life?!?!?

I met some really great people and it's always a pleasure to see some old familiar faces.

Activate at Element is the best place to be in the city on Wednesday night...hands down.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2003
  4. Sergio

Sergio TRIBE Member

5. smack

smack TRIBE Member

hahah
    Yeah, Matt was definetly rocking it last night. Super tight on the mixer as well.

They don't call him coleRAGE for nothing ;)

6. AdamAnt

AdamAnt TRIBE Member

good crew.
    cheap booze.
    great tunes.

3/3

7. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

OW
    OW
    OW.

That was fun.

Ow.

8. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

i had a fantastic time last night.
    the cheap drinks were deadly, as were the Rev nightcaps courtesy of a drunken mr tall.

noodle, you and i met in the bathroom last night, and i didn't realize who you were until i saw your picture in the pic thread this morning.

it was great to see some folks like doublecross, madhatter and bumbaclat who i dont get to see nearly enough of. (western massive!)

if i continue my unemployment streak, i'll be there next wednesday!

9. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

Kudos to the Activate crew - that was mid-week madness at it's best.

Red Turtle set the pace of the night and Coleridge followed it up in fine style. Thumping beats, $2 drinks and great company.... no wonder I had a smile on my face all night long!

-Tara.

p.s. nice meeting noodle and HMHA.

10. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

work today was not fun. ;)

11. twitch

twitch TRIBE Member

I missed it :(

I was stuck at work till 11:30 and had to be in the next day.
    Damn deadlines

12. juice

juice TRIBE Member

I'm only starting to feel normal again now, well as normal as I could ever possibly be. Good music, good people, and good drinks. I think it was the combination of like 3 different shots, many beers, and a rev or two to end off the night (thanks mr. tall) that did me in.

Great seeing so many people out! It looks to be the start of a very strong Wednesday night. Depending on how late Bjork goes next week I'll totally be there.

13. smack

smack TRIBE Member

I still can't get over 2 HEINEKINS FOR LESS THAN 5 BUCKS

Great little night you got going Ev. Keep it up

14. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

good god damn. When I found out the drink prices I was immediately outside on my phone calling everyone I knew. Of course this happened following an afternoon of patio drinking at Tortilla Flats at a table that kept getting bigger and bigger.

good times. :)

15. Jon Tremblay

Jon Tremblay TRIBE Member

where is the pic thread.....can't find it.

16. noodle

noodle TRIBE Member

Well then lovely to have met you :)

Same with Psryel and Jon.

Jon- I'm Sacha's girlfriend...the pic Booty Bits was referring to was from last Thursday at Element when Rich was spinning.

17. dj Red Turtle

dj Red Turtle TRIBE Promoter

WOW :eek: . I have never seen Element so busy, especially before 11. The place filled up nicely. Thanks to all those that came out to support me. You all know who you are :). I had a blast. This is my new Wednesday home.

18. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

with the drink prices the way they are.. I'm surprised you haven't moved in yet.

:p

patrick

19. Retro

Retro New Member

This night really rocks.

The drinks are cheep, the music is good and the people are wicked.

I will be at Element every Wednesday from now on.

Big up the Activate crew, and here's to Wednesdays @ Element :cool: