1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Acronis True Image

Discussion in 'Technology' started by alexd, Sep 29, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Have any of you used this drive cloning software? Does it work as it is supposed to?

2. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

I have not, but I am a big fan of Clonezilla.

It is open source and very powerful.

From their site:

Highly recommended.

Jay

3. vaca loca

vaca loca TRIBE Member

I've used it before and it worked fine. I used it for taking backups of linux servers and had no problems with the restore.

4. alexd

I am cloning my notebook drive to a larger size drive, it seems to be cloning nicely.

5. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

years and years ago my old work used this as their standard backup software. it worked fine.

6. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

I used it quite recently to do a neat trick.

Had a windows 7 install on a standard hard drive, partition of some 160 gigs or so - and I got a shiny new INtel 80 gig G2 SSD.

Issue with creating an image in windows 7 is that it would fail to port over to SSD due to different drive sizes.

With Acronis, I was able to port my install to the smaller size of the SSD with no issues.

JUst did it up - then turned off some windows settings more appropriate for platter drives - and I was cooking with gas!

good shit

7. alexd

I used Acronis True Image 2011 and it totally worked! My notebook now has a 500 gb drive with everything moved over from the previous 200 gb dive. It booted up perfectly.

Far better and less time consuming than reinstalling the operating system and all the applications! Acronis True Image is amazing!

8. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

It's what I use here at work, it's quick and easy to use. Me Rikey

9. Photon

Photon TRIBE Member

Love this software. Used it to clone my friends 160GB WD to a new one because it was dying and in a couple clicks the drive was copied and the old one was erased. Plus it was free from the WD website.