• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

ACC Concert Bowl

Rocky

TRIBE Member
I'm heading to the Sigur Ros concert this Saturday. I bought tickets in section 101, row 7, but then ended up getting floor seat (row 19).

I am going to try to sell a pair of them but not sure which ones to keep.

Has anyone been to the ACC with this set-up? If so, will the floor tickets actually be better since they are closer even though I may not be able to see over others, or would the seats in section 101 be better since it may provide a clearer (but further) view?

acheron

TRIBE Member
107 row 7 is pretty good viewing but you are kinda equidistant from the stage as you would be in row 19 floors. However, Derek's right, there's more energy down there.

(I'm in row 4 on the floor myself for Sigur Ros! Really looking forward to it...)

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
Floors > 100's, the vantage point from the 100's might be a bit better but I'd agree there is nothing like good floor tickets at the ACC.

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Sweet. I'll keep the floor seats. I just got a reply from my ad on Kijiji for someone who wants to buy the 100s.

I was over in Taiwan in 2003 when they were playing in Japan. I almost flew out to see them, but didn't. I finally got to see them last year at Echo Beach in the summer. I couldn't imagine a better venue - sitting on the beach in the sun, etc. I'm sure this will be good, too.

Archeron - are you going to attempt to sneak your camera in there? I could have easily gotten mine in at Echo Beach, and I regret not bringing it. How's the security check at ACC?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

acheron

TRIBE Member
Sigur Ros and their promoter are pretty strict about cameras - to say nothing of the moronic security at the ACC. So I won't be bringing my big cam.. But I might bring a friend's Fuji X100.

Rocky

TRIBE Member
I totally could have gotten my camera in. There was a guy in my row with a large Canon dSLR and, what looked like, the large 24-105mm lens. Next time.

I probably should have taken the section 101 seats. I looked back to the girl who I sold them to, and they were right behind us. I had some dude who must have been 7' tall sitting in front of me. Center stage was the back of his head.

Concert was still awesome, anyway. I was so excited when they played Olsen Olsen. Paula and I love to play this in the car. It's our happy song.

I just looked up their tour dates and their going to be in the UK at the end of August (30 & 31). This might perfectly coincide with our motorcycle trip. I'm planning on being in northern Scotland by mid-August.

Rocky

TRIBE Member
btw...do you have any good pics of the concert I can borrow for our blog? I'd like to post a photo of the concert since I was able to see them twice since returning home.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Lemme see... just crappy iphone pics but I think I got a couple of half decent ones in there..

Rocky

TRIBE Member
I'm going to do my best to see them for their Aug. 30 show in the UK. We are looking to be there around that time.

Thanks for the pics.